Even my old man looks good


Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! 
I know Father's Day is a hard day for a lot of people who have lost their father and for many dads who don't get to spend this day with their children. 


I am really grateful that I've got a good relationship with my dad. Sometimes we annoy each other, but I can tell him anything and I adore him.


Yesterday we began the Father's Day celebrations by spending the day at the beach. It was the last day of Winter in Melbourne and the sun came out to play.


I love being by the beach and am always sad to leave.

For lunch, we had a big share platter of meat, roasted potatoes and vegetables and then had an ice-cream as we walked on the pier.


Mmmm, limoncello gelati, it was just as delicious as the lemon sorbet I made last week


I joked to my mum that this boat looks like a yellow submarine (Beatles reference! Although it's not really a submarine.)


I liked pairing this leopard turtleneck with these snake print boots and my new-to-me 1970s tooled handbag. The green belt is also vintage and I was thinking of selling it, but now I'm not so sure. I like how it goes with the emerald satin skirt.

Outfit details:
Satin skirt, leopard turtleneck, coral and snake rings- secondhand market finds.
Tooled belt and bag- vintage market finds.
Boots- bought online, retail.



My mum was so excited about her blue, vintage trench coat that she op-shopped a few days ago. She's really cute, isn't she? And check out her fluffy leopard bag, we both love leopard print.


And here's a photo of my dad and I. Of course, he's rocking his Western Bulldogs jumper. Other than being a mad Bulldogs supporter, my dad is also very funny and hardworking. Like me, he likes a good rockin' tune and he even introduced me to AC/DC, The Sunnyboys and Queen! Don't get him started on singing though, 'cause just like the Rolling Stones, once you start him up, he never stops.




Today, we had my Dedo and uncle over for Father's Day lunch. The rain held off until the afternoon and we were able to have a feast outside in the sunshine.

I hope it's sunny wherever you are. See you next week.
X




Comments

  1. Happy Father's Day to you and your dad! Our Father's Day is in June (like the US), and although I lost my dad 22 years ago, I still think of him and wish I could see him again.

    Love your mum's blue trench - gorgeous colour! - and both of you have stellar accessories game going on! I'm in love with your snakeskin boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shiela,
      That's sweet that you fondly remember your dad, I'm sure you miss him terribly.
      Thank you- it's all about the accerosies, isn't it? Xxx

      Delete
  2. What a fab skirt, you were right to keep it, it looks brilliant with the other elements of your outfit.
    Always great to see your Mum and Dad, they're so cool.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand