Open up your mind and let me step inside

What do you do when life gives you lemons?


You could make lemonade but this weekend I decided to make some Italian lemon sorbet! It was my first attempt at making it and I was so excited about it. Although it may still be winter, you better believe I was eating the sorbet as soon as a bit of sun came out, pretending it was summer!


Outfit details: Dress, vintage scarf and boots: secondhand market finds.

Other than creating this lemony delight, I also spent the weekend celebrating a friend's birthday. I bought her some flowers so of course I wanted to pose with them!


 Then on Saturday I caught up with a uni friend over burgers. Even though life gets busy, I think it's important to catch up with friends whenever we can.


This morning, my mum and I ventured out into the cold for a rummage through the market. My mum didn't come away with anything but I found this Queen 'Play the Game' LP.


So shiny! It has Another One Bites the Dust and Crazy Little Thing Called Love on it!


We also went for a walk around a park and this gorgeous lake. I love a good nature walk.



Outfit details:
Boots and cord pants: secondhand market finds.
Afghan style, Penny Lane jacket: $4 opshop find,  bought years ago on a trip to NSW.


I spent the rest of today with my family, Dedo, uncle and cousins who came over for lunch and to watch the football. The Bulldogs won! I sure hope we get into the grand final this year! Our last one  in 2016 was so fun and memorable because it was the first time the Bulldogs had won a grand final since 1954!


Fingers crossed!
See you in my next blog post.
I'll be sure to eat lots of sorbet in the meantime. X 




Comments

  1. That's one of my favourite Queen albums (we have all of them!). Your boho style is so cute, Jess! Love that beautiful rust dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shiela!
      I think I almost have all of the albums - nearly there! X

      Delete
  2. Love the outfits, love the 70s vibes! I've been in a bit of a style rut lately but you're inspiring me to hit the thrift stores etc. to mix things up. Solid Queen album too, you're killin' it! Enjoy that sorbet ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley, that's so sweet. Hope you find some treasures in the thrift stores.
      I've been listening to 'The Game' a few times this week and am really enjoying it. Also still enjoying the sorbet (I've made another batch of it)! X

      Delete
  3. Love your pink dress, such lovely sleeves. Your flora and fauna is so exotic and lovely, ours is so dull in comparison. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand