When you ask me 'bout the clothes I wear...

I've been lusting over snakeskin boots for a long, long time.



In my mind, they're synonymous with rock and roll in the late 1960s/early 1970s.


Keith Richards

Marianne Faitfull

Brian Jones


Seeing as I haven't been able to find an authentic, vintage pair, I've settled for some modern ones.  I occasionally spot some vintage pairs on eBay, but I can't justify spending three or four figure prices on shoes.




I have a grey and white pair, and as you might have noticed in this post, I recently spotted a tan pair at a market. At first, I wasn't sure about them as the heel was a bit too tall for me and it was see-through (which you can't really notice in these photos).




Even though they're not vintage, I figured they were close enough.
They weren't much of a settle, were they? I love them!





I wore them to work this week and they were quite uncomfortable.
 Hopefully my feet get used to the higher heel!




Until I find a vintage pair, I'm more than happy with the two snake-print boots I already have. 
Of course, I can always admire pairs that I see online, such as these:

Link

Vix's boots: they're from the 1960s and orange! How fab!



Outfit details:
Vintage suede jacket and boots-market find
Shirt: Op-shop
Scarf: my Mum's!
Jeans: Retail shop. 



Comments

  1. They look great on you! Topshop are worth keeping an eye on, they did some killer '60s style fake snake boots last year - you might find a pair on eBay - their boots are usually really comfy, too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, thank you, I'll have to check them out! Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds