Melting in the Sun

A little while ago, my mum, sister and I went to my favourite place to visit - Daylesford. We didn't realise how hot it'd be until we got there, it seems the heat intensifies immensely in country towns! I always love visiting the Mills Market there, which is filled with vintage and second hand stalls. 


           I've been here many times over the years but only just noticed this Elvis and Ringo banner!



I found a vintage Whiting &Davis snake bangle for $12 which I was thrilled about, they sell for silly prices on eBay. I'm forever keeping an eye out for jewellery like this. I've got 3 Whiting & Davis snake pieces of jewellery:

A gold snake necklace that I wore to my friend's engagement party.
A silver snake bangle last worn at Christmas time.
And now the bangle below
Three's a collection, right?


Here are some things I admired but didn't take home with me.

A bag that's purple, velvet AND vintage! How did I ever resist it?

I've never seen these two records in the flesh before! I'd happily have bought them but not for that price!

                                                                 Hard Road by Stevie Wright ($110)          Barcelona by Freddie Mercury & Montserrat CaballĂ© ($150)


I wore this vintage patchwork skirt as a strapless dress.


There's a giant gorilla statue outside the Mills Market and I couldn't resist having a laugh and taking a snap!


We tried picking some wild berries before going home. We didn't last long because we were melting in the sun so we made plans to return to Daylesford before the berry season ends.


See you in a new blog post next Sunday.
X



Comments

  1. Daylesford looks like a fab place to wander about - minus the intense heat (something I can't envisage at the moment!)
    The little Pakistani bag is the baby brother to my black tote. Well done for finding another snake bracelet, you're getting quite a collection together!
    Your dress looks cool and lovely. I've got a gents' shirt and cropped jacket in the same Indonesian batik patchwork print on my rails right now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I didn't know it was an Indonesian style of patchwork print or that the bag is a Pakistani bag! Thanks for the info, Vix!

      Delete
  2. I love your Whiting & Davis snake bracelet - you definitely have a collection. What a bargain that was! You know I paid a silly price for mine ($60 Canadian), but I wanted it so badly.

    I love your skirt worn as a dress - you look absolutely lovely in it, Jess. That store looks amazing - I can spend hours in stores like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you love W&D jewellery too! People can spend whatever they're comfortable with or able to, darling! Don't let me get in the way of you and a snake bangle! I understand spending a bit extra when it's something you really adore.

      I absolutely love this collection of vintage and secondhand stores too and enjoy returning to it time and time again. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand