All my friends are getting married...

...Not really!
Only one is - my dear friend Deana. 
We've been friends since high school and I'm so, so happy for her. 



It's strange because late last year I dreamed that she got engaged and told my mum about my dream, and then a week later, her partner proposed to her! Freaky, right? 

So in late January, I attended her engagement party. Despite being part Italian, I've been to very few Italian engagement parties or weddings, so I didn't know what to expect. I got to catch up with another old school friend of mine, Daniela and her boyfriend and I had a lovely time.


There was a lot of Italian music and we had fun dancing to Tintarella Di Luna - a song that features in the Australian film Looking for Alibrandi (have you seen that movie?) We laughed our way through Nutbush City Limits as Deana struggled through the dance and declared herself uncoordinated! It was so funny. She'll have to learn the dance before her wedding!



I took some quick outfit photos before leaving, while there was still some sunlight. This is my trusty purple velvet dress. I always pull it out for special occasions such as birthdays and I even wore it to a Paul McCartney concert. This dress has seem some good times!



I always like to wear this vintage Whiting and Davis snake necklace with this dress because by neck feels too bare without it. The snake necklace always gets lots of compliments, it seems that I'm not the only person who loves snake jewellery! I actually recently found a matching bangle in Daylesford. I'll have to post some pictures of my snake jewellery collection one day.



I call these golden strappy sandals my Anita Pallenberg shoes. I'd been looking for a pair for years ever since seeing some fab photos of her wearing a similar pair in the 1970s. I had never been able to find a pair but my mum spotted these and surprised me with them for Christmas.



What's your go-to outfit for special occasions?

See you in a new blog post next week.



Comments

  1. I love this beautiful dress on you, Jess! Your W&D necklace is a treasure, and those shoes are perfect. How exciting - I love weddings!

    Hope you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely dress on you, such a nice shape and the perfect length to show off those fab sandals.
    I love your snake necklace, it's a beauty. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand