You can sail with me in my yellow submarine

Hello!


I wore this purple velvet dress to my aunty Zora's 50th birthday a few weeks ago.

We celebrated at a restaurant where you could choose what you wanted to eat at a buffet full of food. I loved the prawns and seafood. Later, everyone went back to my aunty's house and it was nice to catch up with some of my cousins.


I bought this velvet dress at a local op-shop a year or two ago. I'm joining Vix in the #stylingnotshopping and #shoppingfromthewardrobe campaign to show that you you don't have to buy an endless amount of new clothes to have style. Buying second hand and shopping from your own wardrobe is actually really fun! Feel free to join in with this campaign, if you like.

I've admired Whiting and Davis snake necklaces for years ever since seeing these 1960s pictures of them.

Anita Pallenberg

Source

Whenever there's a special occasion, whether it be a birthday, wedding or concert, I love to pull out this snake necklace and wear it!


I even wore it when my mum and I went to Paul McCartney's concerts last year. We saw him twice - I'm a big fan. 




As Keith Richards proclaimed, "if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing".

See you in a new post next Monday!


Yes, I know I'm late to the party, but I only bought Oasis' first album a few weeks ago and am enamoured with it. I always love discovering a new (to me) band! 

Comments

  1. I'm so pleased that you've joined in. I know that, like me, you're a secondhand shopper but by linking up to Veshoevius we might be able to convert a few non-vintage wearers.
    Love that snake necklace, my Mum was well known for her collection of snake jewellery. I can't get over how alike you and your mum are, I can see where you got your fabulous sense of style. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix!
      I love snake jewellery! Rings, bangles, necklaces! Did you keep your mum's collection?
      My mum's gorgeous, isn't she? I'll have to pass on the compliments to her. Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand