Another year over and a new one's just begun

 

It is the last day of 2021 - where did the year go? I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to share my crochet dress that I made this year. I cannot believe I MADE a dress!! 

 

It has a few lumps and bumps in it that aren't noticeable in these photos. A perfect way to sum up this year, I guess. There have been some bumps in the road, with Melbourne having its 6th lockdown and all the stress and uncertainty that entails. 

For schools, it was particularly hard, but we did the very best we could and were determined that the children would keep learning, even if they were learning from home. I had a lovely Christmas celebration with some work friends recently and it's such a nice way to end the year and appreciate the support we give one another. 

Of course this was a very special year for me because I met my boyfriend early this year and we just celebrated our first Christmas together.

 

I hope 2022 is a great, happy, healthy year for you. 

Lots of love, 

Jess. 



Title: War is Over by John Lennon and Yoko Ono.

Comments

  1. Happy New Year, Jess and family! That dress is a triumph, the ice cream colours are so pretty on you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Vix! I love these colours together. X

      Delete
  2. Never mind the lumps and bump, that dress is absolutely fabulous.
    I can imagine the impact these lockdowns have had on teaching, so hats off to you and your colleagues. So lovely that you and your boyfriend have been celebrating your first Christmas together. May a lifetime of celebrations follow!
    Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy 2022! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! I appreciate that. X

      Delete
  3. Wow, well done on the dress, Jess! No one can see those lumps/bumps so just ignore them! It looks amazing. There is always good (boyfriend) with the bad (lockdowns!) in every year - we have to celebrate all of it in life.

    All the best to you, your mum, your family and all you love! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's true. Just got to notice all the good things as much as you can, I think. X

      Delete
  4. Happy new year to you, your wonderful mam, fella and family Jess. Your crochet dress is an absolute success! Very cute xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely Lulu. Happy new year to you too. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds