I've finally decided my future lies beyond the yellow brick road

Let me take you back in time to a little while ago when we went to an Elton John concert. It was a busy day, which started off with a visit to my Baba's grave for a 'day of the dead' where Macedonians gather at cemeteries, bring some food to eat and remember their loved ones.

My mum made these delicious corn quiches. Have I ever told you that my mum's a fantastic cook?


Then we went to one of my favourite places, the valley. 


 I figured the snakes wouldn't bother me in this snakeprint dress. Maybe they'd think I was one of them.


Mind you, my sister has spotted a snake here in the past. I almost regret that I missed it. I think I didn't notice because I was too busy talking (of course!). We've even seen a wallaby in the valley, which was exciting.


Basking in the sun.


That's an old train line in the distance.


Outfit details:
Dress ($10), vintage bag ($7), sunglasses ($2) and boots ($5) - secondhand market finds.
Coat- secondhand. Mum bought it but it was a little too tight on her. It was in the 'going to the op-shop' pile but I have since rescued it!


All up my outfit cost $24! I'm impressed. 
Sometimes my dad likes to complain that I buy too many clothes, but then I like to remind him that my whole outfit costs less than a single item he is wearing, such as his brand sneakers (that I bought him for a birthday present, haha!)


And now for the Elton John concert! Our foster kittens, Sonny and Cher, looked on as I put on some purple eye-shadow, got dressed, while my mum was exclaiming "hurry up, we're going to be late!"

"When are rock-stars ever on time?" I reasoned. At every single concert I've been to, the performers are never on time, in fact I'm always bored senseless having to wait and wait.


So we took some photos in the garden, got excited and practised our dance moves. My sister took the photos and was very patient as we carried on! 


Mind you, we couldn't find a car-park in our old trusty spot, got totally flustered, got lost on the 30 minute walk to the venue and sweated bricks as we were late! Elton started right on time - at 8pm - and proved my 'all rock-stars are late' theory wrong! Thank God my sister led us in the right direction, I am totally hopeless when it comes to these things! I could hear the sounds of 'Benny and the Jets' pulsating through the air as we scrambled in.


Outfit details:
Dress - opshopped and last worn to see Fleetwood Mac.
Boots- I was thrilled to find these brand new boots at a secondhand market with the tags still on.
Amethyst and mother of peal ring - a present and market find, respectively. 


We found our seats and sighed a relief when Elton John began 'Tiny Dancer'. I would have definitely sulked if we had missed that!

My other favourite songs of the night were:
I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
Rocket Man
Candle in the Wind
My mum loved 'Daniel'
I'm Still Standing (with a montage of Elton's career and achievements was wonderful).
Crocodile Rock
Saturday Night's Alright


And just like that he quickly walked off stage and I wasn't ready for the concert to end. Thank goodness he came out for an encore of 'Your Song' and my other favourite 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road'.


Elton explained that this was his final tour (ending in 2021) as he wanted to spend more time with his children in the last part of his life. As he departed the stage in his sparkly pink robe (this is Elton John, after all!), he had a tear in his eye. It was so touching.


We had a fantastic night. I'm so glad my sister convinced us to get tickets. I have moments of true wonder and awe in concerts, it's like my faith in life and the world is restored.


Now, where can I find a pair of boots (a la' Elton) like this...




Comments

  1. Your Mum's corn quiches look delicious, and what a wonderful way to commemorate your loved ones. And what a beautiful place the valley is, possible encounters with snakes and all! The dress you wore to the Elton John concert is gorgeous, I do remember seeing it when you blogged about the Fleetwood Mac concert. I think it really suits you. What a shame you were late for the concert, but it's a good thing you didn't miss your favourite songs after all. Those boots are amazing, aren't they? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann.
      I'll be heading to the empty valley a lot more now in these times of social distancing. It is one of my happy places.

      I love the purple dress and now think of it as my 'Fleetwood Mac' and 'Elton' dress. I tend to remember the outfits I wear to memorable concerts and I have a hard time letting them go actually.

      The boots are amaaaaazing! I hope I find similar ones one day. X

      Delete
  2. Your Mum's quiches look delicious! I do love a quiche!
    Both your gig outfits look fabulous, i hope Elton appreciated the effort. Love your snakeskin outfit, too - glad you were able to rescue that jacket from your mum! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix. I love quiches too and always make a beeline straight to them!

      I hope Elton appreciated our outfits too! I'm certain we would have dazzled him if we had've crossed paths! X

      Delete
  3. You and mum look so fabulous in your rock star outfits! I love your dress - so shiny! I was lucky enough to see Sir Elton a couple of years ago - he was excellent.

    Your snakeskin dress is one of my faves - love that basket bag!

    I hope you are well, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely!
      I know, I felt very lucky seeing Elton perform on his final tour.
      I'm well, Shiela. Hope you are too. X

      Delete
  4. I also went to see Elton on his last tour but on 3/13/2019 for my 30th birthday (...but in the US, in South Carolina :) )! It really was a fantastic show. I went with my mom as well, we had the absolute best time. Your outfit is perfect for an Elton John concert- we made sure to dress in our shiny/sparkly best too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley, thanks for visiting my blog!
      What a way to celebrate your 30th! Concerts are a guaranteed good time. I'm sure you had a fab time singing/dancing away in your shiny outfit too. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds