All your life you've never seen a woman taken by the wind


My sister, mum and I went to see Fleetwood Mac last night! 

It was AMAZING!



We had tried to get tickets when they were first on sale but they sold out. Then my mum heard about some last minute tickets that were added to the show and we snapped them up! I'm so glad we decided to go.







My mum and I felt that it was only appropriate to dress up to honour Stevie Nick's fabulous 1970s fashion.  My mum wore this stunning velvet and lace dress. I wore this satin dress with huge sleeves.




 I've channeled Stevie in the past, and recently found this dress in an op-shop and felt that it was only right to have its first outing be a Fleetwood Mac concert.




My mum and I also wore our matching amethyst rings. My mum 
knows how much I love chunky, amethyst rings and she surprised me with this sweet present last week. Then she found an oval one for herself, so we are officially twins! Thank you mum, you're too kind.


We had a wonderful night. My heart melted as soon as Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie walked on stage holding hands.
 The Chain, Little Lies, Dreams, Rhiannon, Don't Dream It's Over and Landslide were  memorable moments. Fleetwood Mac even paid tribute to Tom Petty when they covered his song Free Fallin' with a montage of images of him on the screen. It was very sweet.

Stevie mentioned that it was the 74th show of the tour and all of the musicians appeared to be really enjoying themselves. They were all very welcoming to Neil Finn, who was fantastic by the way. Mick Fleetwood introduced Don't Dream It's Over as a song that he personally treasured and stumbled upon years ago at a time when he really appreciated its sentimental value. Stevie and Neil sang it as a duet and the atmosphere was mesmerising as the audience lit up with phone lights. Stevie praised Neil as a wonderful songwriter, saying that Don't Dream It's Over is the kind of song that an artist creates once in a lifetime. Then she continued the show with her own iconic song Landslide - pure bliss.



  At one point, Stevie smiled and waved at my sister and I as we were dancing to Rhiannon. I adore her!




It's official, I want to be Stevie Nicks when I grow up!


I've got a few more concerts that I'm looking forward to going to later this year. Until then, I'll see you next week in a new blog post.


Title: Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac. 


Comments

  1. How amazing that you and your mum and sister went to see Fleetwood Mac! You and mum look incredible - how gorgeous is your pink silk top/dress?? I loved Crowded House and Split Enz back in the day. Hope your week is going well, honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela, when I first bought it, I wasn't sure if it was a top or dress . Turns out it's a really short dress, I had to wear brown tights under it!

      We were all so excited about the concert. There's nothing like a good ol' concert to uplift your spirit. X

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed the gig and your Mum achieved her lifelong ambition of seeing Fleetwood Mac.
    Love both your outfits (and your chunky rings!) Stevie would be proud! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, we had so much fun. I'm sure Stevie would have loved our outfits, she is such a fab style inspiration. X

      Delete
  3. After following you (and your Mum's) posts on Instagram, I've just discovered that you'e a blogger too, so I thought I'd pop over and have a look! How perfectly wonderful that you were able to grab those last minute tickets to the Fleetwood Mac gig. I think Rhiannon might well be my favourite FM song. You were both dressed perfectly for the gig, and I think Stevie would definitely agree with me. I love your beautiful chunky rings, which are exactly the thing I would wear too! I've put you on my blog roll now so that I can follow you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. Rhiannon is a great song, I love it too.
      Chunky rings are always a good thing.
      Thanks for checking out my blog. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand