Day 2 in Sydney!

After a fun road trip day up to Sydney, my family and I walked through the city and into Hyde Park to go on a bus tour. It was so fun! We got on the bus at 10.30 am and were shown around Sydney until 2.00 pm.  The bus tour guy had an interesting accent and stories about each sites we passed, and he was very humorous too!

Hyde Park

We drove by the Art Gallery of New South Wales, Bondi Beach, Rose BayDouble Bay, Macquarie Lighthouse and many other places.

Art Gallery of New South Wales


We stopped off across from the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge for 15 minutes, where we had a quick look around.










Back on the bus, we past Double Bay and I was shocked to spot a restaurant called Flavour of India which is infamous for being the last place where INXS singer Michael Hutchence ate before his death in 1997. The bus driver joked that the area really should be called Double Pay because everything is expensive, even a cup of coffee costs a whopping $7.50. Luckily I'm not a coffee drinker!

Next we stopped off at Rose Bay.




To the right of the above Rosebay photos is this all girls school that the bus drive compared to looking like a castle or Hogwarts.


Then we stopped at Don Ritchie Grove where a cliff overlooks the bay. The grove was named after a man who lived across the road and often assisted people who would frequently try to jump off the cliff. He saved hundreds of people in his lifetime by talking them out of jumping. I stared down at the water and it was confronting to see how high the cliff was and how agonising the pain would be to anyone who jumped and landed on the rocks in the water.



There's a pretty profound quote by Don Ritchie that lines a stone, saying "Always remember the power of a simple smile, a helping hand, a listening ear and a kind word'.



It's worth remembering but before we knew it, we were rushed back onto the bus to continue the journey, which I'll document in a blog post tomorrow.

 It won't be so morbid, I promise!
See you then.


Comments

  1. Sydney looks gorgeous, so much history. I spy some Ionic columns supporting the art gallery roof.
    I bet you were excited to see the harbour Bridge, I would be.
    How lovely to see your family, you, your mum and sister are so alike. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vix! I absolutely LOVED the Opera House and Bridge, who knew that a building/site could give someone so much joy. My mum and sister don't really like their photos on social media, so I'm thrilled they let me post these photos. I'm much the same way, actually, really shy. It's amazing that I've made myself a blog and instagram and am pushing myself outside of my comfort zone. Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand