Our Trip to Syndey

Last Thursday, my family and I went on a 4-day trip to Sydney!  My sister had organised it as a spontaneous early celebration for her 21st birthday in December. She wanted to see a show in Sydney, so we turned it into a short trip and it was so much fun!

I took some photos of the road signs, documenting how many more kilometres it would take before we got to Sydney.
 

I've never been to Sydney before so I was really excited to go. The only things I knew about Sydney were from the INXS, AC/DC and Sunnyboys related books I've read over the years. Being a huge music fan, in my mind, it's the city where some of my favourite musicians lived and made music so I was intrigued by all of that.


We drove by car, leaving at 6.00 am and after 11 hours, we finally arrived . I love road trips, so I wasn't fazed by such a long car journey. In fact, I loved it! Look at the gorgeous country scenery. What a beautiful country Australia is.


We stopped into a little town called Glen Rowan to eat breakfast and stumbled upon the real siege site where Ned Kelly lived and was captured by police.




The town is filled with Ned Kelly statues, they're around every corner! Ned Kelly is an Australian folk-hero from the 1800s. He was an outlaw and bush-ranger who rebelled against the authorities. He wore his infamous bulletproof suit of metal armour during his last shootout with the police.


When we finally got to Sydney, we were perplexed by the roads - they all seemed to be one-way-only streets! Luckily (with the help of Google Maps on my phone!), my sister was able to get to her show on time. And she end up being part of her favourite band's music video too, so she was thrilled! 

My mum and I went to eat in Chinatown and the area was so congested with people, which we're not really used to in Melbourne. 

Source

After the show, we all met up and went to the Point Potts Holiday Inn Hotel where we were staying at. Exhausted, we headed straight to bed to get ready for day two in Sydney. 

I'll write about it in my next post tomorrow
See you then! 



Comments

  1. How exciting! I'm loving your road trip to Sydney. What a long way to drive.
    I can't wait for part two (loving your outfit!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vix! I had so much fun, glad you're liking it! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand