Sky of blue and sea of green


After three days of being on holidays, I've got to admit, I'm still exhausted. I'm lucky that, as a teacher, I have extra holidays than the average working person, I'm not complaining!




One of the things that I mentioned I'm looking forward to in my last blog post was going on some day trips whilst I'm on holidays, and that's exactly what I got to do over the weekend.




I went to St. Kilda with my family. We had a big breakfast at a cafe then went to hang out by the beach. I haven't visited a beach since the beginning of January, so I was eager to just be surrounded by it, even if it was a bit cold and windy. 




Being at the beach makes me feel so free and happy. 
I love that I captured these photos and can relive it all.






We popped into an op-shop on the way home. I came out empty handed but I enjoyed the conversation with the locals. That's one thing I really like about the op-shopping community, they're pretty friendly and always up for a good ol' chat.




 I got chatting away to a Richmond football supporter who'd sadly watched his team get beaten by Collingwood (my mum's favourite team) in the finals game the night before. Another guy spotted the Sunnyboys t-shirt I was wearing and it reminded him of a great band that he'd forgotten about. I'm sure he went home later and looked them up on YouTube. I'm always happy to spread some Sunnyboys love!




I wore this striped top last week. It's pretty similar to the one I wore here. I just changed the top. I bought it for $4 in Big W (gasp)!  I'm not too much of a vintage snob to refuse to buy from retail stores. Of course, second hand shopping is more exciting to me but sometimes retail stores surprise me.




I'm not usually that fond of striped tops, but liked this one because it reminded me of these people and outfits:


Kurt Cobain

Elvis Presley

Marianne Faithfull



How was your weekend?





Comments

  1. I had a top just like yours I wore to death in the 1980s. A design classic.
    You can't beat a day at the beach, can you? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vix,
      I have a feeling that I'll be wearing this top to death too!
      Visiting a beach is just what I needed. I can't wait to return to one when I get the chance. Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand