School's Out!


On Friday, I had a full day of parent-teacher interviews. I'd  had a terribly sore throat for days and was quite nervous about losing my voice whilst talking throughout the day. Luckily, I was okay and it all went well. School's out!


As soon as I arrived home from work, I was straight off to the football with my family and cousin. No rest for the wicked! The Bulldogs won by 2 points- it was very close and exciting!


I spent the weekend relaxing and I'm glad to have some time off work over the school holidays. My mum and I were able to watch some episodes of L.A Frock Stars, a show about a vintage store. It's interesting to see how the vintage stock is sourced and sold, and the people who work in the store are passionate about vintage. I do hope they make more seasons of it, it's a great show.


On Sunday, I found a few treasures at the market:

Above: Levi's denim skirt, Sophia Loren book and a Marlene Dietrich book.

Below
: Brand new hat. The tag was still on it and revealed it cost $79.95. It's hard for me to believe that someone spent that much money on a hat and then never wore it. I was happy to snap it up for $8!


After taking these outfit photos, I sat on the seat and happily started reading the Marlene Dietrich book, in the sun. It's quite an old book, published in 1979, so I'm happy to have found it, because it's not something that I'd be able to borrow from my local library.

Wearing: Fluffy jacket and boots- second-hand finds
Striped pants- one of last week's market finds
Hat, scarf and turtleneck: retail


I'm looking forward to the upcoming week.


How was your weekend?



Comments

  1. Your new to you jeans look great and I love your hat, what a bargain! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix. I can't wait to wear the skirt and hat, I'm sure I'll wear them sometime this week. Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds