Well it's all right, everything will work out fine




What a week it's been!  I wanted to publish this post earlier this week, but the time just flies by. 

Last Friday, a family member was rushed to the emergency section of a hospital. It was a bit eerie being in a hospital again, the last time I was in one I sadly witnessed my grandma passing away. Luckily I haven't needed to visit hospitals too many times in my life and each time I'm reminded of how wonderful and helpful the nurses are. 

The Glass Castle


Things were all right by Saturday. I got to watch The Glass Castle, which my sister insisted would be worth watching and it certainly was! It reaffirmed in my mind that most people have some sort of traumatising experiences growing up but the ending of the movie was touching. Have you watched it?



Source


On Sunday, some family came over and watched the Western Bulldogs play on T.V. Earlier in the morning, my Mum and I had been to the market, and I found quite a few treasures.



An $8 Australian 1970s beaded bag and a $1 green brooch. I've been keen to find a brooch ever since watching some Joan Crawford movies, and I love the gemstone look of this green one.



Vinyl records- 3x INXS albums, a Traveling Wilburys  record (!) and one by Jimmy Barnes.



Just a few weeks ago, I found a Mimco bracelet at the market and much to my surprise (and delight!), the first thing I spotted on Sunday was this matching Mimco necklace for $1! I like the coloured plastic, it reminds me of bakelite!


Have you ever found matching items at different times?

Outfit details:
Fluffy jacket, vintage skirt and snakeprint boots: Market finds
Scarf: crocheted by me!
(I recently sold this jacket. What do you think - am I going to regret it?)



Comments

  1. Looking fab, you know I'm a fan of fake fur jackets and beaded bags!
    There must have been a reason why you sold the jacket or you'd have held on to it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sold it because my coat cupboard is crammed. I like your way of thinking - buy something and sell/pass something else on. Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds