We watched the sunset over the castle on the hill

A little while ago, my mum and I had a day out to Montsalvat, a historical artists' colony in Eltham. The many buildings, studios, galleries and halls are scattered amongst five acres of gardens. 

We admired historical buildings, artwork and stained glass windows. I felt a little like Drew Barrymore walking around in Ever After, an excellent movie if you haven't seen it.








Romeo, Romeo, where art thou Romeo?, I joked aloud as I looked out the stained glass window! 




Every corner of Montsalvat was stunning.




I wore a leopard dress and my warm, emerald Afghan coat. My mum wore a floral dress that she made herself!








After we wandered the ground for a couple of hours, we visited Massaros winery for a lovely lunch of prawn linguini (me) and seafood chowder (mum). 


After lunch, we returned home to look after our cute but cheeky foster kitten Henry. 



Have you ever seen such an adorable kitten?

X

Comments

  1. Montsalvat looks like my kind of place to visit!
    I'm loving both your and your mum's outfits, and I am salivating at the look of that prawn linguine!
    Henry is an adorable little fellow indeed, although I do bet he's full of mischief! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Montsalvat looks fabulous, just my kind of place. Henry is absolutely gorgeous, I don't think you'll be able to give him back! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

Promised you a miracle

Volare oh, oh, Cantare oh, oh