Wind in my hair and the sand at my feet


 Day 2 of my Phillip Island holiday with my family began with eating breakfast at a cafe. I had avocado and eggs on toast, but it was bland and a bit average. I love eating out but hate when the food disappoints me. As soon as I got home, I was determined to make nice breakfasts and thought to myself, sometimes what you make at home is much nicer than what you can buy at cafes.

 
My breakfasts


Next, my family and I drove around, stopping at the Nobbies to stroll along the boardwalk. It was so windy, I felt like a dog with its head out the car window. I was delighted to spot a wallaby. My non-Aussie readers might get a kick out of these cute animals, they're similar to kangaroos.


 

 

 It had such beautiful, dark brown, shiny fur and was happily nibbling away at the green plants. I have no idea what this large bird is called, I've never seen one before.

 

 

 

Sparkling blue water and beautiful views at every turn.    


 

 

For lunch, my sister wanted to visit Island Pies, a little store known for its scallop pies. My sister loved them, it was a novelty and something interesting to taste. We then wandered around other beach areas and took more windy snaps.





 
Beach hair, don't care! 

 
In the evening, we returned to the pub we'd visited the night before. I absolutely loved the porterhouse steak with truffle and mushroom sauce, with a side of salad and chips. Absolutely delicious!
 
One of the shops on the main road had this Pinocchio puppet on display. I was absolutely enamoured by it. If it wasn't so expensive ($140), I would have happily taken it home with me.


 
See you next Saturday for my last holiday post.

 
 
Title: The Animal Song by Savage Garden.  

Comments

  1. Philip Island looks and sounds like a great place to escape to although I'd not be able to cope with the wind!
    I've seen wallabies in zoos and love their cute little woolly coats. I think that's some kind of goose, I'm no expert! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely little holiday you've had even if it was a bit windy.
    Wallabies do indeed sound quite exotic to me!
    I'm loving the sight of your delicious looking breakfast.
    Almost did a double take at the price of that Pinocchio puppet! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, a wallaby! So cute! That looks like some sort of goose to me.

    Your breakfasts DO look yummier than your eggs/avo sound (I like salsa with my avocado, to give it some zing). What a gorgeous place that is! You and your mum are so adorable - love your outfits.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds