Sun is shining, the weather is sweet



Ahh sunny days, aren't they wonderful? A little while ago, my mum and I visited one of our favourite places, Geelong beach. We loved having a ride on the ferris wheel and looking out at the water. Amazingly, I'm not afraid of heights. Are you?



I love the lighting in these photos and coincidentally my yellow gingham dress perfectly matches the ferris wheel. My dress, vintage basket bag and sunglasses were all bargain finds from secondhand markets. I had my Baba on my mind and was missing her so I wore her pearl necklace that day along with a shell necklace my uncle gave my sister, mum and I from his travels to Phuket.


Doesn't my mum look beautiful in blue?


Next, mum and I had to stop at the merry-go-round, and for $5 we had the time of our lives, giggling as we went around and around!






We ended our day out with lunch in a restaurant by the water. We can never go past seafood with pasta and this didn't disappoint. 


The waitress working there saw us taking photos of our food and offered to take a photo of my mum and I together, which was very nice of her.


I hope you've enjoyed coming along with us on our beach day out. See you next Saturday in a new blog post. 
X


Title: Sun is Shining by Bob Marley.

Comments

  1. Yes, it was an absolute joy to tag along with you and your lovely Mum.
    I wouldn't have risked the Ferris wheel, as I've got vertigo. It would have only been the merry-go-round for me :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you look gorgeous in sunny yellow Jess. And yes, your mam does look beautiful in blue too. The merry-go-round looks like great fun and the food super delicious! What a fab day :) xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look fantastic. I'm not scared of heights either. Many years ago the company Jon worked for had a works do with an indoor fairground. He loathes heights and I spent most of the night on the big wheel with one of his work mates, they're even more fun when you've had a few pints of lager! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds