Dark distant mountains with valleys of green


 

 Happy Monday! Here in Melbourne, we have the day off for the Queen's birthday long weekend. I've been glued to my laptop this weekend, working on my students' reports, so it was nice to have a break and get out of the house yesterday. My family and I went for a drive to Diggers Rest. 

  

We are people from the suburbs so naturally we take photos by bales of hay when we come across them! 




We spotted some cute sheep and adorable lambs, who were a bit camera shy, probably wondering who are these strange people and why are they taking photos of us
 
Right where I was standing, there was actually a small monument dedicated to Harry Houdini, who flew the first flying contraption in Australia in these fields in 1910.

 
For lunch, we stopped off at the Keilor Pub Hotel. My sister and I were so hungry after all the driving around and both enjoyed our burgers. She had a vegan burger with sweet potato fries and I had a spicy chicken burger with fries.

It is quite dark inside but around every corner, there were little window displays filled with items from the past. There was even an old horse carriage! It reminded me of Sovereign Hill, a place I'm looking forward to visiting in a few weeks.

  

 
  
 
  
 
 
 

I hope you're having a lovely day, whatever you're up to.

X

 

Outfit details:

Tooled vintage bag: Market find. I've noticed that these are getting harder and harder (and more expensive) to find in the last 5 years or so.

Unworn Trenery suede boots: Another market find, only $5 too!

Knitted scarf: Made by my mum.

Velvet culottes and turtleneck: Retail. 

 

 

Title: Mull of Kintyre by Paul and Linda McCartney. 

Comments

  1. Being a townie I'm fascinated by sheep and bales of hay, too!
    What a fabulous day out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in the suburbs too, and I'm doing exactly the same when I'm in the country. That bale of hay is magnificent, and I'm loving the brooding sky in your first photo! Looks like you had a great day out, and of course both of your outfits are gorgeous. Yours really matches the brooding sky! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it still cold in Melbourne? I have never been to Melbourne that's why I don't have much knowledge about it. Btw I like your outfit. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day! I love seeing old-timey stuff like this, and of course, I always love seeing you and your mum dressed up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds