Oh, the sweetest thing

 

Welcome back to one of my favourite cafes - Old Man Drew.

It's has such a beautiful, quirky and retro atmosphere. Plus the food's delicious. In the past,  I had a heart-warming home made pie and a cherry pie. I still dream of those meals! The last time my mum and I went, we just popped in for a slice of cheesecake and hot chocolate. It was creamy, rich and filled me up so much, I didn't feel like eating lunch after that. They should pay me for how much I boast about them!
 
 

 
Around this time, we got Covid and then I could only dream about going to nice places and eating out. I spent the next very hot week laying in a hammock, reading and generally feeling a bit miserable. 
 
 
 
I felt exhausted for weeks, but I'm much better now, 2 months on. I'll be getting my 4th booster shot in a few months. How about you?
 
Anyway, enough covid talk. Look at the beautiful sights that can be seen around every corner of Old Man Drew.


 
Isn't this chair beautiful?








In the latest second-hand shopping news, here are my market finds from a few weeks ago. Three dresses for a grand total of $30, what a bargain! I love dresses with different colours and patterns and these do not disappoint. Plus two Marilyn Monroe books for $2 each. They'll keep me entertained.
 
 
 
Did anyone see the recent 4-part documentary called 'Reframed: Marilyn Monroe'? I really like how it revisited her life from a feminist perspective.
 
I also finished watching the Pam & Tommy series yesterday. Another great show. 
Hope you're having a lovely weekend. What have you been up to? 

 

Comments

  1. I remember loving Old Man Drew last time you shared it! I'm loving that huge leafed plant behind you and both you and your mum look as pretty as a picture in your summer dresses.
    Tjhose three second han frocks are gorgeous,k i can't wait to see them on! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix!

      I didn't notice that plant, I was too busy looking at the cake! Haha X

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous café, no wonder you're waxing lyrical about it!
    I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and will be getting your 4th booster. So far, only immunocompromised people are eligible for them here.
    Love the three dresses you found and can't wait to see you wearing them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! Yes once I'm enamoured with a place, I love returning to it. X

      Delete
  3. Hello Jess, I too remember Old Man Drew and the cherry pie you had last time! I don't blame you for returning for some more coffee and cake. I just love all the hanging baskets, quirky furniture and props. The dresses are very you, and like Ann and Vix, I look forward to seeing you wearing them at future fab locations :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a pretty place, you would love it. Thanks Lulu. X

      Delete
  4. That looks like the most beautiful café in the world, Jess! I love all the flowers! Great to hear you've had your 4th booster - they haven't announced it for us here yet, although I did just hear that we have a 91% vaccination rate for my province...but the new Omicron variant is causing another wave of Covid, sigh. Will this never end?? I'm glad you are feeling better!

    Fabulous dresses!! I haven't seen that Marilyn doc, but we just finished watching one called "Tina" about Tina Turner - it was AMAZING. What an incredible icon she is!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo that gives me something new to watch. I'll have to check it out. Thanks Shiela. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds