Lazing on a sunny afternoon


 

Hello! How are you? Is it sunny where you are? We've just started Autumn here in Melbourne, but today I'm sharing some sunny pictures from February, taken around Valentine's Day. I had a lovely Valentine's Day with Pat and even got into the spirit by making some heart-shaped zucchini fritters.


These photos were taken at Footscray Park, where there were lovely plants and flowers to be found around every corner. Footscray doesn't have the best reputation though, so you'll see stolen park benches and tables too!

  

 

  

 

 

  

On this particularly windy day, my family and I had a wander around the grounds, relaxed on a picnic blanket and then when we got hungry, we headed to a Mexican restaurant that my sister wanted to try.

 

It's always fun discovering a new place to eat. Although the portions were small, the tortillas were delicious! I loved that mine was covered in coriander. Next time I go there, I'd love to try the Mexican flan, that a man on the next table was very much enjoying.


And look at my recent op-shop finds! I haven't shopped much over the last year, so it's always fun to find some secondhand delights. This floral cotton dress will be perfect for hot days at work. I always love reading about Amy Winehouse and recently read 'My Amy,' a book by her friend Tyler James, so I was happy to find this book written by Amy's mum. I've never read anything by Carrie Fisher but have heard her books are entertaining. My mum and I recently watched a Princess Diana documentary that mentioned this book by Andrew Morton, it was only $1 and I'm very interested in reading it. I also bought a thick, cream Bakelite bangle for $1 that I forgot to photograph. I love finding Bakelite bangles and if I don't keep them for my collection, I sell them on eBay.


 Anyway, I'm off to enjoy my breakfast... bruschetta with fresh tomatoes from my dedo's garden. 

Have a lovely day.

X



Comments

  1. As you are heading into Autumn, we are fast approaching Spring, and finally we've got to enjoy some sunny days. The park looks lovely, although I'm hearing you on the stolen park benches and tables, though. We've got a lovely park nearby but vandalism is rife and a couple of years ago a row of young, newly planted trees was completely destroyed. So sad!
    Loving all the food and your recent op-shop finds! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! Still a lovely place to visit. The stolen benches were odd though. X

      Delete
  2. Hello Jess, don't you and your mum look absolutely lovely in your sundresses. Oooh, now I'd happily give that Mexican restaurant a go! I have 'Delusions on Grandma' by Carrie Fisher in my book pile that I 've been meaning to read for some time, so it'd be interesting to see how you get on with your book. Love your op-shop dress find, and those beefsteak tomatoes look heavenly (you can't beat homegrown tomatoes!). Enjoy autumn xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I'll have to read that book too. Apparently it's very good. Thanks Lulu. X

      Delete
  3. Lovely pics, Jess! Ooh, all those purple petunias are so lovely. Well done on the op-shop finds - that Diana book was notorious as a tell-all in its day!

    I have read a couple of books by Carrie Fisher - they are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the Carrie Fisher book! Now I'm looking forward to reading more of her books. Thanks Shiela. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds