Chocoholics, this way!

Recently, my mum and I had a day out to Daylesford. First we went to the chocolate factory, ordered some chocolates and shared a chilli hot chocolate. The added flavour of cardomen was so delicious and now I'm determined to make this at home myself.

 



 

 

Next, wetook some photos in front of the gorgeous lavender and trees. 


  

 


At one point, two chickens were chasing me which may have looked comical to others but I was terrified!

 


 


We chatted to a lovely lady and her son who were holidaying in Daylesford for the week, and they kindly offered to take a photo of mum and I together.


 

I held my mum's parasol to prevent my shoulders from getting sunburnt and received quite a few compliments on the parasol.

 

For lunch, we sat and ate under the trees - munching on a simple salami and cheese roll and sipping lavender lemonade, neither which we enjoyed. Although we didn't have much choice as there was a limited amount of food available because the previous night's storm cut the power and spoilt the food.




Overall we had a wonderful day roaming the gardens and smelling the beautiful lavender in the air. We'd love to return sometime. Have you ever been to a lavender farm?

X

Comments

  1. Fantastic photos, Jess! I love your recycled sari dress, I used to ship them back from India by the boxload and sell them to pay for my return flight!
    We live not far from a lavender farm but I've never visited, just admired it from the car! I ough to stop and visit in the Summer! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chocolates are looking seriously yummy, and the thought of chili hot chocolate is making me go weak at the knees!
    How gorgeous is that lavender, and both you and your Mum's dresses are divine. As is the parasol!
    I'm certainly not laughing at you being chased by chickens. I was one chased by chickens when I was a little girl, and the thought is still giving me nightmares! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I saw the title of your post and of course had to follow! How delicious the chocolates look, and the chilli hot chocolate too. You look so lovely in that dress and parasol Jess. I also LOVE the rusty garden sculptures.

    I am sorry though, I am laughing at the chicken terror experienced both you and Ann (chickens are so cute). Now if it were Shetland Ponies, that would be a different matter; I once got entrapped in a marauding circle of them, when my brother threw a packet of polo mints up into the air!!!

    There is a newish lavender farm near me that I have been meaning to visit. Looks like you had a wonderful day out :) xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chili chocolate and chili hot chocolate are two of my favourites. I always have chili hot chocolate on hand for cravings! It's delicious.

    I love your beautiful dress, Jess. Like your mum, I also have a paper parasol - they are fantastic and so chic.

    We have tons of lavender around here (I grew up on Lavender Avenue, in fact). There's a huge Lavender Festival in Olympia, Washington, USA - just a quick ferry ride from here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand