Girls just want to have fun

 

 Oh, to think I am still posting photos from my summer holidays! It is now Autumn here in Melbourne but I am so behind in posting. So much so that I had to take a break from blogging for a few weeks. Plus life gets in the way, but I'm back!


 On this warm summer's day mum and I had a great day out at Geelong beach. First we went to the vintage Mills Market. I was in more of a browsing mood and was just happy to look.



We also went for a walk along the beach. I noticed a big carousal right by the beach and we happily paid $9 each for a ride. It was amazing being up in the air, looking down at the glistening, blue water from above.


 



For lunch we returned to a favourite Greek restaurant that we've visited before. I had a souvlaki and mum had a moussaka but they must've changed owners or something because the food was disappointing compared to the delicious food we've feasted on in the past. The elderly couples sitting behind me were making us laugh with all their talk of Donald Trump.



Before we returned home, we had to have a bit of a 'sip and sea' - sipping elder-flower cordial and tonic while sitting by the sea. It was so relaxing, I HATED having to leave!


Outfit details:

Green tree of Life maxi dress- hand me down from mum.

Fish pendant (just HAD to wear this at the beach): Secondhand market trade.

Double braids: A new hairstyle I've been wearing. I like simple tied-back styles.


A few days after these photos were taken, it was another blazing hot day and I had lunch at a cafe with Sam, my old friend from uni. I love chattering away with her and laughing about all our funny teaching experiences. Before I know it, I'll be on holidays soon and no doubt be catching up with her. Time flies!

What have you been up to?

X


Title: Girls Just Want To Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper.

 

Comments

  1. Glad I'm not the only one behind in blogging :-)
    What a lovely day you and your Mum had. I wouldn't mind having a browse at that vintage market, and I think that Ferris wheel is the most beautiful one I've ever laid eyes on.
    I love the idea of a 'sip and sea' ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the sip and sea was nice as was the whole day. Thank you love. X

      Delete
  2. Oh, that blue sky! I miss it so much! You and Mum look like you had a wonderful time, from strolling on the beach to browsing the market (I can't turn off my "eye" when I'm in a store - I would have found something, for sure!). You both look lovely, and yes, of course you had to wear your fish pendant! I love elderflower - such a refreshing taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shiela. Yes it was a nice day. My 'eye' must have been sleepy. X

      Delete
  3. Ooh, yes please to that straw hat your mum's holding up in Mills Market... and an elderflower tonic...perfect! Lovely sunny day and pictures Jess. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely Lulu. The sun makes everyone happy. 🌄🌄

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand