Baby, you come knocking on my front door

 Hello!

Over a year ago, I found a DREAM vintage item but I haven't had a chance to wear until recently. I found an Ossie Clark dress at a secondhand market for $10!!! Can you believe that?! I've wanted one for years but figured for the thousands of dollars they can sell for, and them mostly being sold in the UK, I'd never find a decently priced one in Australia!


Of course, I remember the exact moment I found it. I saw the label, pulled out the dress, stared at it for a long time... my body had a physical reaction with my heart beating and time felt as if it stood still. You'd think it was love at first sight or something - very dramatic, I know! The lady selling it wasn't a regular at the market and may not have even known that Ossie Clark pieces are so collectible. She wanted $10 because the hem was crookedly sewn, but to be honest it wasn't noticeable at all when I wore it.



I've been waiting for a special occasion to wear this dress and finally did at a recent wedding. I know, how crazy is it that my family and I went to a wedding?! Seems foreign after this past year of COVID. Luckily restrictions have been eased for quite a while now and weddings are permitted. 


Rather than wearing heels (it was too cold for me), I wore my snake print boots which I think added a different texture to this outfit. I also wore my little vintage handbag and two butterfly pieces. One was my vintage pendant and the other was my Titanic clip that I bought on eBay. I absolutely adore it but am a bit hesitant to wear it sometimes because it's so huge and I keep feeling like it'll fall out and crack.


I tried to convince my mum to not wear black but we were both determined to wear these dresses so neither one of us changed outfits. Oh well, we've got a bit of a black dress and puffy sleeve matching situation going on.


 


We had a nice night, trading dating stories with my uncle and dancing, dancing, dancing. It was fun. As I was twirling around, I felt a bit like Stevie Nicks amongst all this fabric. Gosh, they don't make clothes like this anymore, do they?

 

 

 Source

 

Hope your week has been lovely.


Title: Stop Draggin' my Heart Around by Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.

Comments

  1. Welcome to the charity-shopped Ossie Clark dress club! I was thrilled when I found mine, too!
    You and your Mum look fab, I love the dress worn with the fake snake boots and your giant hair clip is stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to join the club!!
      Thank you Vix. I loved this outfit. A bit of mix and match. X

      Delete
  2. Your Ossie Clark dress is absolutely stupendous! What a find! I know exactly what you mean about your heart skipping a beat and time seeming to stand still. I'd be exactly the same. That lady selling it must have had no idea ...
    You and your Mum look absolutely fabulous in black, and how wonderful that you were able to go to a wedding. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gorgeous Ann. Yes she had no clue for sure. Or maybe she didn't care for vintage labels.

      Yes it was a bit unusual going to a wedding after so much time but I've got another one soon. X

      Delete
  3. You're right Jess, they don't make dresses like that anymore! What a find. You could do a dramatic Pase Doble dance will all that wonderful twirly fabric.

    If my mam wears the same colour as me when I pick her up to go to town (in non-lockdown times), I make her change! Especially if we have matching jumpers on (mam buys me a lot of jumpers, then buys herself one too!). You and your mum. however, look great. Sounds like it was a lovely wedding. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me Lulu, I tried to get mum to change but she's stubborn (like me!!) Nevermind we looked cute and had a good time. X

      Delete
  4. OMG OMG OMG, you found Ossie Clark for $10!!!?? I'm so envious! I felt like that when I found my Alexander McQueen trousers, and my Jean-Charles de Castlebajac jumpsuit. It's the best feeling when you're a thrifter.

    It looks stunning on you! I love that giant hair clip too! You and Mum look gorgeous - it sounds like a lovely wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, nothing beats the thrill of finding something utterly fabulous whilst thrifting!
      Thank you Shiela. X

      Delete
  5. What an amazing score!!!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?!! Thank you dear Ashley. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand