Lately, you look around and wonder what you're doing

Bright turquoise tights? What was I thinking?!


I bought these pair of tights recently on eBay and since they arrived, I've been stumped on how to style them. Yesterday I had a brainwave! I wanted to wear my new cord miniskirt with my matching emerald turtleneck but I decided it needed a pop of colour - blue legs! It was a day of firsts, I also wore these new-to-me green snakeprint boots and the blue scarf pulled the look all together.


I thought it was only right to dress up to go to an opshop! It's the first time I've been in MONTHS! Well, that's not entirely true. I went to a small opshop last week before eating banh-mi at a cafe and it was a bad experience. I felt so uncomfortable being in such a small public space and there were people blocking both isles that led to the exit. I hardly looked at anything because I couldn't wait to get out of there. I wasn't completely comfortable eating at a cafe either and tried to avoid touching shared surfaces. This virus has brought out such OCD with me. I mustn't be the only one!


Yesterday, I braved Savers, a much larger opshop where everyone had much more space to practise social distancing. I had assumed that Savers had been closed for a while but a lady working there said that they had been open (and busy!) this whole time. 

I found a gorgeous pair of Tony Bianco tan leather boots and was going to buy them when my mum noticed that although they were exactly the same colour, the heels were different! Thank goodness, she noticed that, I certainly didn't. In fact, I've done that in the past, when I bought two left boots from a market and didn't notice until I got home. So lesson learnt - always check shoes are the same and have a left and right shoe!

Lately, I've been disappointed in opshops. They've become way too expensive and it's very rare to find a treasure in them. I much prefer secondhand markets. I came out empty handed but my sister, who isn't that keen on opshops, surprisingly found a sweater for herself.

Outfit details:
Vintage tooled leather bag - $6, op-shopped years ago.
Snake print boots ($5) and vintage scarf ($2) - secondhand market finds.
Turquoise tights - $6, eBay.
Emerald cord skirt- $15, Kmart.
Turtleneck - Retail.


We had some banh mi (I'm obsessed!) and curry laksa for lunch and wandered around a park. After getting sore feet, I realised that these boots are much too high for me. I'm not sure if I'll keep them, give them to my mum or sell them, although I do like how they look with this outfit.


Other than that, I've been reading a lot. I recently finished S.E Hinton's That Was Then, This is Now and now I've almost finished her first book The Outsiders. When I was doing a writing course straight out of high school, I remember a teacher referring to classic 'coming of age' books such as Catcher in the Rye and The Outsiders which I had never read in high school. So I made a list and slowly made my way through some of them and to this day they are still some of my favourite books. 


I've also been going on lots of walks to the valley and was happy to discover many of these wild yellow flowers. They look like tiny daffodils but I have no idea what they're actually called.

Next week, I'll be on my work holidays and I cannot wait to catch up with some of my friends. I feel like it's been such a long time since I've seen most of them.

Right, I'm off to finish reading The Outsiders. 
How's your week been? 
X





Comments

  1. Your outfit is delightful from top to toe! I have turquoise opaques too, and they're among my most worn! I still haven't been to any charity shops (Op-Shops) even if they re-opened over a month ago. I wonder what's wrong with me :-) Well, I wouldn't be comfortable in a small shop with people blocking my way out either. Well, this is something I'm already having problems with in normal times. Both of those books are brilliant, as are those tiny daffodil lookalikes. I don't think I've ever seen those before! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann,
      I'll have to keep an eye out for how you style your turquoise tights for some outfit inspiration. They are brilliant books, I agree. I'm eager to read Tex next. X

      Delete
  2. I love the turquoise tights with this! It's a very 60s mod type of look and totally suits you! Sorry to hear that the op shops are not ideal for you right now - our thrifts have yet to open. You have to go with what your gut tells you in those situations, so I'm glad you listened and skedaddled when you needed to.

    I love "The Outsider" and always bawl at "Stay golden, Pony-Boy."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shiela,
      The "Stay golden" part of the book is ICONIC and memorable to so many people!

      I need to make sure I only go into places that are mostly empty from now on.

      Delete
  3. Turquoise tights were a festival staple of mine for years, they're still in the drawer! Yours are perfect with your outfit, a great 60s vibe going on.
    I haven't any desire whatsoever to go charity shopping despite ours having reopened a weeks ago, I'm not scared of the virus, I just can't be bothered with all the palaver associated with social distancing and, as we were shopping the day before lockdown i can't imagine the stock has changed a great deal.
    I haven't read the book but loved the film The Outsiders! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vix,
      If you liked The Outsiders film, you'll LOVE the book. It's much better. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand