Mamma Mia

... or shall I say Nonna Mia!

I love having more time to visit my Nonna whenever I have work holidays. I love spending time with her. We like to show each other our new finds, and she was excited to tell me that her friend took her op-shopping and she'd found a shirt, linen skirt and blue bowl. I still have to show her my Italian made bag that I found at the market for $4 - she loves all things Italian.


It's amazing that my Nonna is now embracing op-shops because my mum used to tell me that when she was growing up, my Nonna was skeptical about op-shops and had the misconception that they only sold clothing of people who had passed away. It's good to see that she's gotten over that mindset and that she's now finding herself some bargains.


It was quite cold that day- 16°C or 17°C - so I wore this poncho that was made in Mexico. It reminds me of the poncho Frida wore on one of ABBA's LP covers. 



This poncho was a second hand market find (what else?) and I scored it for $5. It's amazing how many $5 market finds I've found including this emerald leather skirt, leopard turtleneck and vintage bag!


I've acquired quite a collection of vintage bags for bargain prices, almost all of them bought for under $10. Perhaps I'll share some photos of my collection on this blog one day. Would you be interested in seeing them?


See you in a new blog post next Sunday.
X



Comments

  1. I feel like many people are finally starting to come around to embracing thrift/op shops, and that's such a good thing! Love your poncho - the pattern and fringe are delightful.

    Yes, I'd love to see all your bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shiela!
      I agree it's great that people are starting to change their mindsets about op shops.
      I'll have to do a bag post one of these days. X

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adore this poncho! I get cold so easily, so I think a poncho would keep me warm... I'll have to keep my eye out at the thrift store for one!
    -Jenna ♥
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna,
      Yes, ponchos are good for keeping you warm. And I adore the embroidery on this one. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand