Old World, New World - Day 3 in Sydney

After a fun day seeing Sydney through a bus tour, my family and I continued sight seeing through a walking tour on Saturday. Like the previous day's tour, we met up with everyone at Hyde Park and started the two-hour walking tour at 10.30 am. 



We saw the Westfield Tower, which has a restaurant at the very top of the tower.



We past Il Porcellino, a giant pig statue designed by an Italian lady. It is believed that if you rub the nose of the boar, you will have good luck. So my mum, sister and I had a good laugh and rubbed it's nose! My dad refused, he's way too cool for things like that!




I love these historical sandstone buildings. The city of Sydney is such a mixture of historical buildings and gigantic high rise apartments - they're everywhere! Old world, new world.



We walked through Suez Canal which use to be a dangerous gang area but now it's just a tiny lane that can be walked through to get to The Rocks. It is a place where English convicts were kept when they came to Australia many years ago. Today it's filled with sweet little cafes and restaurants.



At the end of the tour, we got to see the Sydney Harbour Bridge again.



Then we went back to an Italian restaurant we'd passed in the Rocks and enjoyed lunch, sharing vegetable lasagna, fettuccine with creamy sauce and spaghetti marinara - yum!



After lunch, we walked through the arts and crafts market to get to the Sydney Harbour Bridge! We got to walk on it! I never knew that I had a fear of heights before but I wasn't going to let fear get in the way of a good time. The view was so beautiful!


We also found our way to the steps of the Harbour Bridge.



It was a long walk back to the hotel. We passed through some beautiful gardens and the Sydney Fernery.





We also had a quick look at the Art Gallery of New South Wales, before it closed for the day.




My mum has a copy of this painting in our bathroom at home, so we all gasped when we realised that it was actually based on this original painting.


We must have walked for around 4-5 hours that day, and me being me, I was in boots all day! I joked that if we don't have the best legs in Australia after all that walking, then no one does!

We ended the day with a picnic party in our room. There was crackers, cheese, dips, chutney, and lots of singing along to the Jimmy Barnes concert on TV after the AFL grand final. My mum's favourite team Collingwood had lost by 5 points, so she 
was devastated, but nothing a little singing along to 'Khe Sanh' and 'Working Class Man' couldn't fix!

The 11 hour drive home: I love these yellow fields.



And that was the end of our Sydney trip! The next day, I packed up my vintage suitcase and we drove home. Thanks for the good times, Sydney, I can't wait to visit again one day!




See you in a new post on Monday!


Title: Old World New World by INXS.


Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a fun day!

    TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had so much fun in a long time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the artwork we had at home for real in a gallery. isn't it a thrill?
    Love your travelling outfit, those glorious blue skies and that sweet wild boar bronze. Fancy you dad being too cool to pat his snout! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my dad's a funny one! I feel like I was only in Sydney yesterday but I'm glad I've captured these memories in this blog. Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds