I can see the places that we used to go to now

A couple of weeks ago, my family and I went on a walking tour around the city of Melbourne. You may be wondering why we took a tour of our own city. Well, last year when we visited Sydney, we had so much fun doing a bus and walking tour, that my sister was keen to do another walking tour. 


 I was familiar with some of the places but many were new to me, I'm not really a city girl. It was interesting to listen to the guide tell us the history of different places and he said that often a lot of the good places are hidden away in alleyways. Apparently Melbournians like to keep treasures to themselves! At the end of the tour, the guide mentioned that at St Kilda beach, penguins come out every evening. We made a mental note to visit.


The next weekend, I'd spent most of my Saturday doing work for reports and afterwards, I was really tired and a bit stressed. So my dad announced, "All right everybody, I've got a surprise, we're going somewhere!" He was adamant on keeping it a secret, even though my mum, sister and I were pestering him - we don't do surprises! After about an hour's drive through the city we arrived at St Kilda to see the penguins!


It was getting dark, so we were worried that we'd missed them. At the end of the pier, we were delighted to see these tiny little wonders. They must have only been about 30cm tall. They were so cute and many people were captivated by them.



It was freezing cold, so after a while we drove back home and were happily surprised to find a restaurant called Chevapi that had some Macedonian food. We don't see enough of these restaurants around so we stopped and had a bite. We had one share platter to share between the four of us and we still couldn't finish it!

The next day, my mum and I ventured out to the secondhand market and look at these treasures I found...


I have to laugh at how the colours of the items coordinate so well together. I didn't intend for that to happen!
White and blue maxi dress- $10
Boots of my dreams (mock-croc): $20
Vintage bag- $5
Red cardigan- $3
Elvis Girls! Girls! Girls! LP- $5


I never like to spend more than $10 when buying secondhand, but the brown boots are just fabulous. I have been living in them, and they go with absolutely everything. 


I've also been selling a few items to make room for these items. That's the great thing about buying secondhand. If you buy something at a bargain price, you can sell it and make your money back or a little profit. You can also have a fabulous, ever-evolving wardrobe!

 I am enamoured by this dress. Whilst everyone else seems to gravitate towards black clothing, I love wearing brown. 


My mum and I have found a lovely spot where we can take outfit photos. That tour guide must've been right, we keep our secrets to ourselves. 


 I like the lane of trees.


All are secondhand market finds, even the boots which I borrowed from my mum.
 Dress- last seen here.
Vintage bag- last seen here 
when I visited the infamous set of Dogs in Space (!!!).


Thanks so much for stopping by.
See you next week.
X

(another secret gem of a song).

Comments

  1. I've got quite a few brown-based dresses, so I'm totally with you on that. I'm also on the lookout for the perfect pair of brown boots. Yours are simply stunning and I'm not surprised they're the boots of your dreams. How absolutely amazing to be able to sea penguins in the wild! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved seeing the penguins, they were sooo cute.
      Good luck in your hunt for the perfect pair of brown boots. I had been looking out for a pair to replace my old, worn-out ones for a long time, I'm so glad I found these. X

      Delete
  2. Your 3rd picture is not displaying, FYI. I love this pretty dress on you, and how cool to see penguins! I love those boots - you and I have both had good luck with thrifting boots lately. I'm intrigued by that wonderful maxi dress you found! Also, penguins!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela, I think I've fixed the picture.
      Seeing penguins was so fun, I've never seen them in the wild before.
      I'm always glad to find a new (to me) pair of boots- I wear them all the time, so it is worth to me to have options to choose from.
      I can't wait to wear the white and blue maxi on a warm day. I'm picturing it with turquoise jewellery and silver sandals. X

      Delete
  3. Penguins!! How I'd love to see them in the wild!
    I do love a walking tour. I'm hoping to join one during next year's Indian odyssey.
    Love the brown dress, both glamorous and useful, William Morris would approve.
    Is Macedonian food similar to Greek cuisine or is it more Eastern European - meat-based and rich?
    Your new-to-you dress looks fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The penguins were so adorable, Vix. You'll enjoy your Indian walking tour next year, they're quite fun.
      I really enjoy wearing this dress. I find that brown goes with (almost) everything.
      Yes, Macedonian food is very meat based - meat, potatoes, peppers, that sort of thing. I love that my family is both Macedonian and Italian - there's such a range of great food. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds