I'll be there for you when the rain starts to pour

Hello! I currently have time off for Easter school holidays- how exciting! I love having more time to go on day trips, catch up with friends, stay at home all day, visit my Nonna more and spend time on a teaching project I have to do. Whew, all that and I've got to find some time to relax too. 


I love spending time in my back garden to relax. Look at my ever-growing pumpkin plant! I chopped off the very first pumpkin the other day. 


Now what to make with it... 
Pumpkin soup
Pumpkin scones (my sister makes them and they're delicious!)
or
Roast pumpkin and vegetables? 
Got any other ideas? Do tell.


This pink dress is so light and perfect for hot weather. I wore it for my family friend's 30th birthday a few weeks ago and it's so easy to wear. Throw it on, add a necklace, a silver bangle and matching silver block heeled shoes. And the pale pink glasses match the dress perfectly. I blame my love and collection of sunglasses (mostly second hand market finds) on Liam Gallagher!


Here are some of my recent market finds... 


 Vintage bag - $15. (I've seen bags like this on eBay for $400+!)

Vintage plaid skirt - $5 (I hear plaid is all the rage this year! Not that I'm fussed, I wear what I like and I hope you do too)

Swedish clogs- $10. I found this exact same pair in silver last year.
A stack of vintage tea plates - $3

Shine Like it Does: Michael Hutchence book - $5

and 

All ten seasons of Friends- $5 (!!!)


A few years ago, I watched all the seasons of Friends and now I'm thrilled to own them for $5, that's only 50 cents per season! I'm currently up to season 6. I love watching one or two episodes after work, it helps me relax and makes me laugh!

See you next week in a new blog post! 
X


Comments

  1. You look a vision of summer while I'm shivering in my winter clothes! What a pretty dress.
    South Indian curries often have pumpkin in them, I love them. I'm very impressed that you managed to grown one!
    Well done on your flea market finds and have a fab Easter holiday! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for your kind words, Vix.

      A pumpkin curry sounds interesting. I've got more pumpkins growing, I'm so excited about it! X

      Delete
  2. What a lovely dress, and you look gorgeous in it, Jess! I love pumpkin - I usually add cooked chunks of it to my chili. Good on you with that lush garden - I am such a brown thumb. I love your clogs, and wow, that is a LOT of Friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea for the pumpkins!

      It is a lot of Friends, I can't believe I scored all 10 seasons in one go! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand