Looking At The World Through Rose Colored Glasses

Hello! How was your weekend?


Mine was pretty good.
On Saturday, I got a chance to catch up with my friends from uni. We went out for lunch and chatted the day away. I love a good ol' catch up. We're all teachers so it was good to talk about our different experiences.


I wore this outfit and believe it or not, the bangles are the only things that are secondhand or vintage. The boots, tights and navy cardigan (worn under the dress) were bought years ago. The sunglasses and denim zip-up dress were bought this year and I'm certain that I'll wear and love these pieces for years to come.


After discovering Oasis a little while ago, the music caught my attention first but I also like the image of the sunglasses some of the band members wore. So that's the inspiration behind these pink round glasses.

Source

Back in the sixties, Marianne Faithfull and John Lennon also knew a thing or two about a good pair of sunglasses.

Source

Source

After lunch, my friends and I walked over to a free mosaic workshop, which was part of a community festival. My sister helped with organising some of the festival events, so when she told my about the mosaic workshop I thought it was the perfect time to go, because I've wanted to make a mosaic for years.


I ended up making two! First I made the sunflower mosaic. Then I realised that I really wanted to make one of the Sydney Opera House, because I had so much fun visiting Sydney last month. This mosaic is still a work in progress as I didn't get time to put the grout in between the tiles and pebbles.


The mosaics were made using broken ceramic pieces and secondhand plates from an op-shop across the road. I knew I'd love making mosaics, but I didn't realise that it's also a great way to reuse materials to make art! I have a feeling that I'll be making some more mosaics at home.

See you next Monday in a new blog post!


TitleLooking At The World Through Rose Colored Glasses  by Frank Sinatra.


Comments

  1. I'm sure you'll be wearing that denim dress for years to come, it looks so good on you.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix! It's great because I can wear it own its own in Summer or wear something underneath when it's cold. Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand