Step outside, summertime's in bloom

After a relaxing day at the beach in Eden, my family and I spent the next day of our holiday in a nearby town called Merimbula. We browsed the strip of shops and had a good walk around.


It's a bit of a tradition for us to have lunch at the Merimbula RSL, so we made our way up the hill. We arrived too late (the kitchen closed at 2pm) so we tried eating somewhere else for a change.

Source

My sister spotted Dulcie's Kitchen, a house made in 1925 that has now been turned into a hamburger place/pub. It originally had 10 people living in the home and the mother Dulcie loved cooking, so the place is named after her. Half of the walls have wooden paneling and it's decorated in old photos of the people and the town as well as mounted deers near the fireplace.

We all enjoyed the hamburgers and were glad to have tried a new place to eat.


My mum and I looked a bit like twins in our maxi dresses. This pink dress was fun to wear and quite different from what I usually wear. It was a day of trying a few new things indeed!

Most of the pieces of my outfit are second hand.
Dress- hand me down from my mum.
Leather tooled bag- $7, opshopped.
Necklace ($1) and snake bangle ($3) - market finds.
Tan clogs - Kmart, bought years ago and I've been living in them this summer.



See you next Monday in a new blog post!
X




Comments

  1. You and your mum look so happy and carefree - sounds like a wonderful day! I love your maxi, and wish it were warm enough here (in the throes of winter right now!) to wear one! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela! I usually like Winter just for the fact that I like my Winter clothes, but I'm enjoying Summer at the moment. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand