Seaside Rendezvous

After seeing out 2018 with a bang of fireworks on the beach, my family and I returned to Merimbula for our tradition of having lunch at the RSL.


After lunch, we walked to the Boardwalk, which is a long pier along the lake shore. It was a so lovely - we spotted lots of oysters and tiny crabs in the water. We even heard an animal rustling in the bushes and discovered an echidna! I've only ever seen this wild Australian mammal in the zoo, so it was cool to see one up close.



Even though we've visited Merimbula many times before, we'd never known about the Boardwalk. When I was talking to another teacher, she recommended it and said that she was also holidaying there. We were glad to discover a new place to wander around and wouldn't you know it, we bumped into the very same teacher and had a nice chat!



Before driving back to Eden, we stopped off at a few places...


First, we checked out the kangaroos in Pambula, that live on a corner block, right next to a house!


Pambula's beach is beautifully turquoise - we made a mental note to return there.


This is the view from the side of the bay where we were staying. Can you see the cabins in the far background?


Here's the Eden hippy house - it's decorated with bright colours, I love it! 


look like I'd fit right into that hippy house, don't I? I bought this colourful dress a few days previously, which I wrote about here.

Outfit details:
Dress: Tribal Suzani Eden Specialty store.
Vintage tool bag: opshopped.
Snake bangle: market find.
Tan clogs: bought years ago and worn many times throughout this holiday, Kmart.
Crazy curls: All my own!



See you next Monday in a new blog post!
X



Comments

  1. That is a gorgeous summer maxi dress - I can almost feel the warm ocean breezes! Hope you are enjoying your summer - we're freezing over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela. I'm trying to enjoy Summer while it's here, but I have to admit, I do love every season. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand