Seven Seas of Rhye

After a day out in Merimbula, my mum and I began the next day with a walk by the beach. The sky and water looked beautiful.


I cooked some pancakes with strawberries and nutella for my family and I. We then drove to the Eden wharf to buy some mussels, as my mum wanted to make paella for lunch. We stopped off to say our annual hello to Denise the horse who we've now renamed Denis after discovering he's a boy! He's usually very friendly and let's us pat and feed him grass but this year he bit my sister! We laughed about that for ages!


Then we popped into Tribal Suzani Eden Specialty, a hippy shop that we like to pop into whenever we're in Eden. 


I love these lamps, puppets and Turkish plates.


Last year, I bought a raw amethyst stone for myself and a snakeskin bag for my mum from this shop. This year, I bought a bright coloured maxi dress, which I'm sure will pop up on this blog soon. It's not too often that I buy brand new clothes from a store but I like the tradition of visiting this store and the two guys that work there are nice.


By the time we got to the wharf, the fishermen selling their seafood fresh from the boats had gone home, so we missed out on buying fresh mussels. Instead, we entertained ourselves by looking at the tiny fish, crabs and stingrays (!) in the water.


I spent the rest of the afternoon hanging around the beach and I started rereading Mercury and Me by Jim Hutton, which I'd only just finished reading the day before! It's written in an honest, loving and respectful way by Freddie Mercury's partner. I'd highly recommend it!


As we sat around the beach, a father and his son were fishing and caught countless stingrays before releasing them back into the water. It's hard to believe it was the same beach we swam in two days ago! I was a little freaked out!

What sea creatures have you seen before?

See you next Monday in a new blog post!



Comments

  1. I've never seen stingrays in the wild, but we have lots of fish and jellyfish around here, and deep down, there are lots of octopi (which I've also never seen wild). Do orcas, sea lions and otters count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they count! You've seen sea lions- how cool!
      Eden is known for its whale season but I've never seen one before
      Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand