Wah-wah, I don't need no wah-wah

Hello!
This week has been so busy. I have been working from home and stressing about writing reports. I'm slowly getting through them and will feel so relieved once they're done.

I needed some fashion relief so I decided to play a little game called 'see how many ways you can style these pants!' Since working from home, I tend to stick with the same pants all week and change what I wear on top. Very lazy dressing, I know, but in my defense at least I'm not working in tracksuits or pajama bottoms which seems to be very common. 


This week I borrowed my mum's cord green pants. I wore them with...
My vest (that I crocheted myself)
My Afghan-style coat
My emerald green turtleneck
My Turkish Suzani boots....

It may be spring, but it's still pretty cold so these pieces were primarily chosen for warmth.

 ...and
My fabulous leopard turtleneck 
And INXS t-shirt (which I bought for my dad but I wear it more than he does!)
My trusty orange boots (which were comfortable enough to walk in for 5 hours on our Sydney trip a couple of years ago)...


And last but not least, this crochet bag that I made. I bought 4 secondhand bag handles for $19 on eBay (they are so much more expensive in retail stores).These cane handles didn't have a rod to hold the bag, but my dad cleverly suggested that I dismantle an old bike wheel part and voila, my bag was complete!

I've crocheted another handbag too but forgot to take photos this week so I'll share it in next week's post.


I happily spent this morning watching a George Harrison documentary called 'All Things Must Pass' and now I'm off to read a book in the garden before the last rays of sunshine disappear. I'll also be admiring these gorgeous blossoms that have suddenly appeared within the first week of spring.



How have you been? 
X


(Just in case you needed proof George was a great solo songwriter and musician. 
This song has been stuck in my head all week - love it!) 

Comments

  1. I love these pants!! Such a great color - and such a cute bag :D
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna.
      I like this shade of green too. X

      Delete
  2. I agree with Jenna H.! Those cord green pants are a pretty colour, and you look fabulous wearing them! I love your hairstyle. My favourite look features that beautiful crocheted vest you made styled with your emerald green turtleneck and, of course, those pants.
    Loved listening to that George Harrison tune too - great guitar, reverb and tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! You are too kind. Yay, glad you loved George's song too. X

      Delete
  3. Your crochet is lovely. My favorite look is the leopard print top, green pants, orange boots and crochet bag. Total sass! It is so funny seeing your spring blossoms, when everything here in the UK is starting to slow down, with the trees are already taking on auburn hues. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's strange, right. We've just come out of winter over here.

      The leopard look is my favourite too! Thanks for visiting my blog again, Lulu. X

      Delete
  4. I love those cords - my favourite is no 5 - middle bottom row. You have tempted me to buy some cords for the winter after seeing how good you look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rebecca! Cords are getting harder and harder to find, I think. I don't come across them often. I hope you find some. X

      Delete
  5. What a versatile pair of cords! I love them with the orange boots and both your crocheted goodies!
    Look at that blue sky behind the Spring blossom, very envious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix.
      I love the crochet vest look too.
      I am enamoured by the blossoms and blue skies at the moment. X

      Delete
  6. What a great idea. Those cords are marvellous. I think I need green cords too, although I won't even look half as good in them as you do. All your outfits are fabulous, especially the ones with the leopard turtleneck and crocheted vest. And how amazing are those orange boots! Swoon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, you will look fantastic in cords!

      I'm a big fan of the orange boots too. I wore them a lot this week too. X

      Delete
  7. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a pair of blue Dolce & Gabbana cords last year - $19.99! - which fit me perfectly. Sigh. I do have a cord suit that'll be coming out soon, though.

    I love the green cords, and all the looks you've created, Jess! You inspired me so I dug around looking for my wool stash...only to find I'd gotten rid of it (but at least I kept my crochet hooks!). Silly me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue cords- wow they would have looked amazing on you, Shiela. Oh well, that happens sometimes. X

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds