I'll never change all my colours for you


Hello again!
Just like in last week's blog post, I'm using some photos I took a while ago that I never got around to posting. 


I wore this outfit out to lunch with my uni friends. I love catching up with them and hopefully I'll get to a chance to see them now that we all have work holidays.


I like the colours in these photos - the green velvet dress and red lipstick seems to perfectly match the bright yellow sunflowers.


 I'm glad I captured some photos of this dress as I've now sold it on. I bought it from Ishka (a fab hippy shop) years and years ago, back when I was in high school. I remember being thrilled that it was only $10. I got so many wears out of it. 

I finally decided to sell it because I found the pockets around the stomach to be unflattering. For that reason, I usually wore the dress with a top over it, like in this post about a visit to a strawberry farm. I hope its new owner enjoys it but I am sort of regretful that I don't have it anymore. Does anyone else ever feel that way when parting with well-loved clothes? Oh well, I know I can't hold onto everything forever. I don't want to be a hoarder and I know that it's good to cull your wardrobe - it means you're left with the best stuff! 


After seeing the film Bohemian Rhapsody last year, I loved the look of a silver choker that the Freddie character wore. The necklace I'm wearing in these photos is a vintage, eBay score. I've worn it so much and I love how it's nice and thick. Go bold or go home, I say.

The Freddie character wearing a choker. (Source)


And here, the real Freddie Mercury is wearing his fab choker. He seemed to live in it in the 1970s.
(Source 1 and 2)


Now that I'm on holidays, I'm looking forward to seeing my grandparents more, catching up with my friends, going to the movies, secondhand shopping with my mum and going swimming with a family friend. Oh, and I'm going to try to teach myself how to play the ukulele. So little time, so much things to do! 

Hope you have a great weekend. 


(I recently watched the 2018 documentary Whitney and this song has been stuck in my head. 
I can sing it pretty well, if I say so myself! Haha).

Comments

  1. You look lovely in your green dress but if the pockets felt awkward far better to take a photo for posterity and move it on. The joy of doing what I do is seeing someone try one of my old dresses on and falling in love with it.
    Those necklaces Freddie Mercury wore are Indian silver snake chains, I'm always bringing them back from my travels for friends.
    Enjoy your holidays. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, a photo for posterity is good and then I can sell it on and make some room in my wardrobe. Ooo, Indian silver snake chains... I didn't know that. X

      Delete
  2. I love the colour of that dress and of course, VELVET, but yeah, the pockets are placed really oddly. A slash pocket would have been better on the side seam. That would cause me to put it in the giveaway pile too! I agree with Vix: if I ever miss any of my old pieces, I have pictures of them all. But nothing beats seeing someone getting joy out of one of my pass-alongs.

    Love that necklace! What a fun ode to Freddie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Shiela. Photos are a great way of remembering things, whether it be events or outfits. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand