Everything I had to know, I heard it on my radio

Yesterday, my mum, sister and I went to the cinemas to watch Bohemian Rhapsody. I rarely go to the movie but I've been looking forward to watching this movie for months. I'm a big queen fan, I collect their records and went to their concerts the last two times they came to Australia, so I was keen.

Source

 I can't wait to watch it again, that's how much I absolutely LOVED the movie. There were only a few moments where I stopped and wondered Is this part really historically accurate? and Did they really feel that way? Overall, I appreciated it for what it is - a great movie about an amazing band!

There were moments where I totally forgot they were actors and felt like I was watching the real thing. Perhaps it was because the actors who played Freddie Mercury, Brian May and John Deacon looked so much like the real band members. When there were segments of concerts, I felt like I was there and had to stop myself from breaking into applause after each song. It was the strangest feeling! 

Source
SourceThis photo is from one of the scenes that was set in Biba, where Freddie was visiting his lifelong friend Mary. I loved the atmosphere and looking at all the clothes.







And let me tell you about the fashion! I loved it! The clothes in the first half of the film was fantastic because it was set in the seventies. There were fabulous fluffy jackets, patterned shirts and satin garments galore! 



Coincidentally, I wore this satin dress to work last Thursday, the day after Halloween. We don't decorate our house for Halloween but my mum picked up this pumpkin decoration for $1 at the market about a month ago. Since the pumpkin perfectly matched my orange dress, I decided to include it it the outfit photos. When it comes to Halloween, that's the most you can expect from me, (although it would be fun to dress up one day). 



Today's the last day of my four day weekend, so I'm back to work again tomorrow. 


How was your weekend?
Have you seen Bohemian Rhapsody?




Comments

  1. What a gorgeous dress, Jess! It's a great cut, and stunning colour on you. I like the pumpkin accessory too!

    I want to see "Bohemian Rhapsody" - I'm a huge Queen fan, going back to the early 80s. I can't wait to check out the fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched this movie yet as honestly I'm a little nervous too as Queen are a band that mean a lot to me! I feel like I'll just be picking it apart and getting offended on Freddie's behalf and I've read an awful lot of mixed reviews, but I'd definitely like to see it anyway and see what the fuss is about. Roger and Brian were involved in the making so I figure it can't be too inaccurate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it, Sydney. You may pick it apart at times, but I think it's worth enjoying. Xxx

      Delete
  3. Love the orange dress you on, Jess! it's a great fit and such a cool colour.
    I'm sorry but I really don't like Queen, my brother used to play them all the time when we were growing up and I just didn't get the appeal, far too operatic for me. The film seems to be getting good reviews although a lot of my vintage friends who've seen it say there's wild inaccuracies in the costumes and that Biba wasn't a little suburban shop like it was portrayed in the film. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, I love this dress too!
      I wasn't scruitinising the film so closely, just enjoying it. The scene with Biba was pretty short, it looked like a small shop with limited lighting and heaps of fab clothing. I wasn't around for the real thing in the 60s but I wish I had been! (What was it really like?) Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand