Strawberry Fields Forever


Over the holidays, my mum sister and I went for a day trip to country town Bacchus Marsh. We visited a strawberry farm, where we roamed around the field and picked our own strawberries to purchase.


It's a fun experience. Whenever we've been in the past, it's always been really hot in the field so we chose to go on a mild day so that we wouldn't bake in the sun! The strawberries weren't as abundant as the season is drawing to an end, so we really needed to search and keep our eyes peeled for any ripe strawberries hiding beneath the leaves.


Even though it's Summer, I wore boots and tights as either the  weeds between the aisles always make my skin itchy. I also chose to wear a mini dress under my top as I've made the mistake of wearing a longer skirt to the strawberry field in the past, and it kept getting caught in the plants!

We ended our trip with a visit to a few op-shops and then we headed home. 

Outfit details:
Velvet mini dress - Ishka, years ago.
Australian made, satin wrap top- vintage, op-shopped.
Vintage snakeskin bag - $5 market find.
Choker necklace - Christmas present from my mum.
Boots - Target, years ago.


I recently sold this velvet dress through my eBay store. It's served me well for many years but I've culled some of my clothes. This dress only looked nice worn under this top. The shape of the upper part of the dress just doesn't suit me anymore, so it had to go.


Have you ever been berry picking before?
It's quite fun!


See you next Monday in a new blog post.
X



Comments

  1. What a lovely photos, the dress might have gone but the colour is a lovely contrast with the strawberry plants.
    I've never been fruit picking, which is ridiculous as the car boot sale go to in the summer borders a massive PYO (pick your own) farm. Maybe this year....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, at least this velvet dress is documented in these photos. I am a bit sad it's gone but I can't keep everything forever.
      You'll love fruit picking when you try it one day. X

      Delete
  2. I love berry picking! I've only picked strawberries from my mum's or my grandad's garden, many, many years ago, but yes, they do hide under the bottom leaves. Blackberry picking is plentiful here, right until late August.

    Love your pretty outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shiela! Ooo I love blackberry picking too, they're so yum. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand