I can't complain but sometimes I still do

While you're reading this, I'll probably still be working on my students' reports. It's that time of year again!


These photos were taken back in April when I last had some work holidays. My mum and I went to our favourite Italian cafe Brunetti. 


We had a posing competition. My mum wins, hands down!


We stopped off at my dad's work on the way there. I thought my dad would laugh at the sight of us posing in his workplace, but instead he suggested we stand in front of the oil bottles. That made me laugh!


I wore my snake print skirt, which I now refer to as my Eagles skirt as I wore it for the first time a few months ago when seeing the Eagles perform live.


At Brunetti, I had pasta and vongole and my mum had squid ink pasta with crab. I made a mental note to have the crab pasta next time. We left with a lemon gelati in hand. When in doubt, mango or lemon gelati never disappoints. 


Outfit details:
Suede vest, boots and wicker bag- market finds.
Vintage shirt- op-shopped.
Skirt- retail.

Looking back on these photos, the combination of this shirt and vest brought to mind Brian Jones' late sixties dandy fashion.





See you next Sunday in a new blog post! 
Hopefully I'll have completed my students' reports by then.
X

(This song's been stuck in my head. I discovered it at the Eagles concert - I like the reggae feel to it).

Comments

  1. You and your Mum look fantastic, your Dad's got a great eye for a cool posing spot. Brunetti looks very posh, glad you enjoyed your meals! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you!
      It looks posh, but it isn't really. X

      Delete
  2. Great outfits on both of you - I love the backgrounds. Your red lippy is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shiela. I thought I'd change up the backgrounds a bit.
      A bit of red lipstick can do wonders! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand