Livin' it up at the Hotel California

I can't believe it's been a week since I last blogged, it feels like more time has passed. I've been busy at work, learning more as a teacher - the learning never ends! Also my Dedo (grandpa) went into hospital on Saturday. We all had a bit of a scare, but now that the doctors have operated on him, he's feeling much better. Thank God for nurses and doctors - the work they do is really admirable!


One good thing that happened during the week was that my mum and I got to see The Eagles in concert on Wednesday night!

Source

I rushed home from work after a staff meeting, quickly ate some food, got dressed and off we went! My mum and I took some photos in the garden before leaving, then took some more at the park near the venue.


My mum's cute, isn't she!

The Eagles we amazing! The music, the fact that their voices sound the same as their records, the guitars - I loved it all! As I said on Instagram, there's nothing quite like a good ol' sing-a-long. And with songs like Lyin' Eyes, Take it Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling and New Kid in Town, it's hard not to. My mum and I had a fantastic time!


The Eagles started the show with Seven Bridges Road, which was so serene with all the harmonies. Deacon Frey seamlessly played guitar and sang his dad Glenn Frey's songs really well. Don Henley sang Boys of Summer which has got to be one of my favourite songs ever. I enjoyed Heartache Tonight and Hotel California the most and Joe Walsh's songs Life's Been Good and Rocky Mountain Way were rocking! 

Outfit details:
Vintage satin shirt - opshopped, last worn with the same boots here in Syndey.
Vintage bag- market find.
Orange boots- Rivers, a few years ago.
Snake print mini skirt: bought on sale for $10 at H&M.


Throughout the show, the band were very humble, thanking the audience multiple times for coming to see them on a 'school night'! It was so good to see a band be so authentic by staying true to their roots, without any need for a fancy lighting show, dancers or costume changes. They just played and it was great. After three encores (!), they finished with Best of My Love, with Don Henley joking, "Here's a peaceful song to end the night with, so you can go home to bed and wake up early for work tomorrow!"

 There's nothing quite like the joy of music, I always have fun at concerts!


See you next week in a new blog post!
 X


Title: Hotel California by The Eagles

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your Grandad's health scare. I hope he's well on the road to recovery.
    You and your mum both look very cute, your Mum's gorgeous and you look so much like her. I remember you buying that satin shirt, it's perfect with the snake print mini and those fab boots.

    Good to hear that The Eagles put on a good show and that they were nice guys. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, he's recovering.
      It was my first time wearing the snake print skirt, I'm sure I'll get heaps of wear out of it. X

      Delete
  2. Glad your grandad is doing better!

    I LOVE your outfit for the concert! I love the Eagles too - I know all of those songs, all the words. "Boys of Summer" is one of my favourite songs - I was in my late teens when it came out, so I have a lot of emotional attachment to it. Your mom is so cute, glad you both enjoyed your outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shiela! The Eagles are great, I didn't know you liked them too! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand