Lazing on a sunny afternoon

We started off Day 2 of our Lorne holiday with a rare sleep in. I hardly ever sleep in due to waking up early for work and even earlier on weekends for the Sunday market! 


We walked to the Trash and Treasure in a church hall right across from the beach and later strolled through the Lorne weekend market. There weren't many things of interest, mostly new things, although there were some nice wool fedoras. At the princely sum of $75, I couldn't justify spending that much on a hat when I already have so many hats bought at a fraction of the cost.

I don't think I have enough hats, do you?


Then we walked to the pier to eat at a beautiful restaurant right by the beach. Our neighbour, who often visits Lorne, had recommended the seafood marinara at this restaurant and it was delicious.


 My mum got to live out her Shirley Valentine dream. She loves the scene in that movie where Shirley sits on a table right by the beach and relaxes. 


After lunch, we strolled along the pier, took some photos and saw lots of people fishing.




After an afternoon rest back at the motel, we ventured out again at night for a walk by the beach and a visit to the ice-cream shop. There were so many unusual flavours so we tried the watermelon sorbet and ginger ice-cream. Thank goodness we walked everywhere on this holiday as we had an ice-cream every night!

Outfit details:
Leopard skirt and vintage tooled bag: Secondhand market finds.
Shoes- Retail, bought years and years ago.
 Strapless top: Borrowed from my mum.


As we walked back to the motel, the full moon was out and it glistened on the ocean water. It was such a beautiful sight.


See you on Sunday with my last post about our Lorne holiday.
X



Comments

  1. Lovey photos! How fab that your mum got to live out her Shirley Valentine fantasy - I can't believe that film came out 30 years ago! Wow! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was in her element! It's such a funny film. X

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful time! Ginger ice cream - sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorne was nice, I'm glad I've documented it here for the sake of memories.
      The ice-cream was delicious! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand