Here we stand or here we fall, history don't care at all

Hello!


I've had a weekend full of planning for the last few weeks of school and watching movies. On Saturday night, I started to watch Schindler's List, which I've seen one or two times before.

Source

I'd been reminded of the film as my mum had been watching a short documentary on director Steven Spielberg earlier in the week. Schindler's List is such a sad movie, I'm sure I'll cry my way through it when I get a chance to watch the rest of it (it's quite a long movie).

My sister won two free movie tickets again  (she's the queen of it!), so on Sunday, I went to watch Bohemian Rhapsody again. My dad is a fan of Queen and hadn't seen the film yet, so we went together.

Source
Source

There weren't as many people watching it as the first time I went, so the audience's reactions and laughter weren't quite the same. At times, my dad was scratching his head (which he sometimes does when he's thinking critically about something), so I thought he wasn't really enjoying the film. Turns out he actually did, and he was singing along at the end of it!

Source

Source

I enjoyed the film just as much as I did the last time and had the same surreal feeling, like I was really there at the concerts!


I wanted to wear something fab to the movie so I based my whole outfit around these snake print boots. My vintage bag was made in Italy and it felt perfectly in place when we later had lunch at Italian restaurant Brunetti, which is conveniently right next to the cinema.



I love these plastic bracelets. I bought the bottom one just last week.


The denim overalls were nice and comfortable. I bought them at a market last year, and luckily they fit perfectly. It was a bit of a risk buying them - there's no changing room at markets!


How was your weekend? 





Comments

  1. Your dungarees are great, a fabulous fit and the zip at the back adds some extra pzazz! I love the handle on your bag and the snakeskin boots are lovely.
    I don't think i could watch Schindler's List again, a stunning film but so harrowing. The normally lovely Ralph Fiennes was just pure evil.
    Have you seen Life is Beautiful? I'm sure you'd enjoy it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix!
      There's nothing like some real tragedy to put your own worries into perspective, that's exactly how I felt watching Schindler's List.
      I think I watched a bit of Life is Beautuful a few years ago but don't remember it too well. X

      Delete
  2. Ooh, those overalls look fabulous on you! I adore the snakeskin boots and don't they look awesome with the bag?? So cute. I really want to see the Queen movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shiela, thanks, I like the combination of the boots, bag and overalls too.
      Do give it a watch whenever you get a chance. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds