I've all I need and more

I'm really lucky to have a four day weekend this week!
I've got Monday off to write school reports and Tuesday off for Melbourne Cup Day. 

I spent Saturday starting the reports and spending some time at the cemetery to celebrate the day of the dead which is something  I'd never experienced before my Baba passed away nearly two years ago. Now I'm familiar with the different times during the year when Macedonians gather at the grave site of loved ones to celebrate their lives with food. I think about my Baba all the time and am always happy when she pops up in my dreams. 

I wore a casual navy outfit - turtleneck and flare jeans, with my beloved snake-print boots I bought a few years ago. I didn't take any outfit photos on the day so the above is just a collage of screenshots from a Instagram story I posted the other day.


A day for the dead might sound really morbid, but it's actually quite nice there on a sunny day, catching up with relatives. My Dedo was really cute because he proudly made some spinach and cheese pastries and was eager for everyone to taste them. 


Sunday was mostly spent writing reports again and visiting the market. We haven't been in weeks and my mum was itching to go, so off we went. I didn't expect to find anything because at the moment I'm feeling that I've all I need, but I found a few treasures.


Fringe bag from Turkey (!) - $4.

Purple Swedish clog sandals -$5. I've been looking for a pair of these for ages but couldn't justify spending 3 digit prices on them. I'm wondering if the wooden soles will be uncomfortable. Hopefully not!

Vintage wool jacket in my favourite colour -$15.

Octagon bangle to add to the collection - $1.



In between all that, I've found my new favourite spot to read - in the garden under our apricot tree. It's really peaceful when the sun's out. These photos were taken after work earlier this week when I was reading Here Comes the Sun by the Sunnyboys' Jeremy Oxley and Mary Oxley Griffiths. I'm loving the book!


I've worn this dress and boots heaps of times to work. I decided to change it up a little by adding a mustard vintage belt and yellow bangles. 


How about you?




Comments

  1. Hello, Jess! Thank you for all the comments! I love your funky style - what great snakeskin boots, and loving this last outfit too. I adore your finds - that plaid coat is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela, I love that I've just discovered your blog! I love the plaid coat too and can't wait to wear it! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I far prefer your Day of the Dead celebrations to Halloween, honouring your ancestors rather than scaring yourself silly.
    The coat you found is fabulous and your dress and boot combo is perfectly 1970s. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds