Turn the people round




I love Winter and all, but I have to say, I'm glad it's now Spring in Australia. Waking up to more sunshine makes my heart happy. Literally, my heart feels content. Has anyone else ever had that feeling before?


On Saturday, I looked at a planting guide that I have up on the fridge and realised that September's the perfect time to plant a lot of the seeds I collected last year. I was thrilled to plant my pumpkin, tomato and basil seeds, as well as some of my Dedo's long pepper seeds. My broad beans, kale and sunflower plants are already growing so well, I love growing plants I can eat. 


This is the first time I've grown sunflowers and I'm really excited. The look of them just makes me happy. No doubt, my love for sunflowers probably began with 'Individuals', one of my favourite Sunnyboys records which has a sunflower field on the front cover. Sunflowers also feature in some of their artwork.

Source

I got this poster at the first Sunnyboys concert I went to. It was in a really gorgeous theatre. I loved it.



I am still stuck into watch Sons of Anarchy, but I did manage to pull myself away to read and go to a local Savers op-shop where I found this satin shirt. 

I do live a good satin shirt! They conjure up images of the sixties in my mind! (This one needs a wash and iron!)


At the market on Sunday, I found a coin choker and some bangles, for a few dollars each.

More snake jewellery to add to my small collection! I last wore my vintage snake necklace here.

Outfit details: Everything is second hand or vintage, from a market
(except the top orange bakelite bangle, which I found in a Sunbury opshop!)


See you soon!






Comments

  1. What a lovely shape that denim midi is, a great find.
    Not a fan of winter at all, I'm much happier when the nights get lighter and you can leave the house without being swathed in layers.
    The coin necklace is fab as are those snake bangles.
    I've never heard of Sunnyboys, I've just googled them and it doesn't ring any bells at all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix.
      The Sunnyboys are a great band, mostly known in Australia in the eighties, I think. They're worth listening to. Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand