Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon


After such a busy weekend last week, I was glad to do a whole lotta nothing this weekend. 


Well, I did do a few things...
I spent Saturday planning and doing other things for work. On Friday, the school I work at celebrated Book Week. I dressed up as a ladybug because my class is learning about mini-beasts. It was so much fun getting dressed up and wearing a velvet cape for the day. I can only imagine how much more excited the children were about wearing their costumes!




I spent the rest of the weekend reading and watching T.V. I'm hooked on watching Sons of Anarchy. There's so much shocking drama in every episode. Each time I think the main character Jax (below) is going to finally leave the club, he's somehow pulled back into it.


Source

I also found some treasures at the market:



A vintage, dagger collared shirt (the seller had created it from a dress), a shift dress with a heavy beaded collar and a horn-shaped necklace. When I picked up the navy dress, I immediately thought of I Dream of Jeannie. As I mentioned in last week's blog post, shift dresses always remind me of Jeannie. 

Source

I wonder what happened to all those mini-dresses.




I've loved horn-shaped necklaces for years, ever since seeing photos of them from the 1960s.

Keith Richards



Anita Pallenberg


I loved Anita's necklace so much that I made my own by taking apart a second hand necklace, which you may have noticed in this blog post.

Source


It's not all about shopping, shopping, shopping though. Whenever I purchase something, I make sure to sell something else in my wardrobe or donate something to an op-shop. I don't have endless space for storage, so this is how I manage my collecting habit! 

I'd love to know, what do you do? 

See you on Thursday!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds