Here's a pound we hang around 'til Monday

Hello!

Remember this vintage plaid skirt I bought a few weeks ago? 
Well, I've been living in it this week!


I wore it with this purple top to work. Despite proclaiming that I have no problem re-wearing entire outfits if I love them, I wore this skirt later in the week with a maroon turtleneck and black boots.

 

December 1st marks the start of Summer in Australia, but it's been really cold this week. That hasn't bothered me in the slightest because it means that I can continue to wear boots. The other day, my sister was complaining that I have too many boots, but I really do live in them for nine out of twelve months a year, so I can justify it.



On the weekend, I went to see the film Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist about fashion designer Vivienne Westwood. I didn't really know anything about her prior to watching the film, but decided to go see is as my sister gave me a couple of free tickets that she'd won from her uni. 

Fashion-wise, I wasn't enamoured by her clothing designs as they're not styles that I'm interested in, but it was interesting to learn about her history in the fashion industry. I liked seeing the archival footage and what her London shop The World's End looked like back in the sixties. At one point in the film, I got a glimpse of a dress with a red, plaid pattern, which immediately reminded me of how much I like Denny Laine's pants that he wears on the album cover of Wings' Wild Life.


Source

And then at the Sunday morning market, I kept seeing people wearing some pairs of plaid pants. It was very odd! 
I didn't find a pair for myself, although I did find these treasures:

Vintage deer figurines (to add to my collection).
Shirt made up of some velvet pieces.
Bangle - I'm wondering if this one is bakelite, but I haven't tested it yet.



Outfit details: Skirt, boots, belt and sunglasses: market finds.


See you next Monday!


Comments

  1. That skirt is even nicer on than it looked on your pile of finds last week! You've chosen the perfect coloured top to wear it with, too.
    I'm intruiged by your new-to-you top. I'm dying to see it on and to get a closer look at the label.
    Jon was a punk and visited SEX on the Kings Road although being a true punk he made his own clothes - tartan bondage trousers and all! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to wear the shirt soon and post some pictures on here.
      Jon was a punk?! Cool! And it's even cooler that he made his own clothes! X

      Delete
  2. Love the skirt. I really want to see that doc - I have a couple of Vivienne Westwood pieces (some Melissa + Anglomania shoes, and a lovely Westwood red label blazer), and I've always admired her. I love plaid trousers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it if you're a collector of some of her clothes. I'll have to keep an eye out for your Vivienne Westwood pieces on your blog. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds