I need to be myself, I can't be no one else

After Saturday night's Mexican party fun, my mum and I woke up bright and early to go to the market. She was thrilled because she found some brand new cane cup holders that she's been wanting for years.

 It was a slow start for me as I wasn't finding anything interesting but then suddenly all these fab treasures appeared before me!

 Snake-print shirt
Brand new tights
Orange sandals (that were never worn before)
Vintage checkered wool skirt
4 pairs of glasses (!) After buying 2 pairs, I thought I'd better stop! But then I saw the red pair and green pair, and I couldn't resist these colours that I rarely find.



At the market, I kept overhearing conversations about how 74 year old restauranteur Sisto Malaspina was tragically stabbed to death in a terror attack last week in Melbourne's Bourke Street. So many people had loving stories about him and how he was such a welcoming and kind person. I hope his family know how beloved he is in the community.


Later in the day, my sister needed a lift to St Kilda to watch a friend's theatre performance, so my family and I decided to make a bit of a trip out of it and spend the afternoon around St. Kilda Beach.

 I captured these photos of Luna Park and the Palais Theatre whilst driving by (I was in the back seat of course, not driving!). For some reason, I love photos of Luna Park!




 My dad and I went for a walk on the beach. The shore was made up of broken sea shells, so very different to the sandy beaches I'm used to.




 We also drove into the city to see the Myer Christmas windows. I've got fond memories of visiting the windows when I was growing up and going with my Baba and Dedo too.

This year it was Alice in Wonderland themed. The story was printed on the windows with a recorded voice reading it too. The set and characters even moved! I will get around to reading the book one day, promise! 





Before picking my sister up, we popped into the Myer's Christmas section and had a look at the decorations. I like to collect a few decorations every year, but didn't find any that I wanted to get.




I wore this outfit to work last week. You may recognise it, as I also wore it here.




In fact, I wore it with the same belt and tan boots. I have no problem with revisiting the same outfit over and over. I don't worry if people have seen me wearing an outfit before, I dress for myself. Don't you? Wearing vintage clothing really is an extension of who I am. 



Plus, this dress is perfect for twirling in. Just call me Cinderella in boots! 

See you next Monday in a new blog post!



Comments

  1. I love all your fun purchases - all those sunglasses are awesome! I also adore your lovely floral dress - I would twirl too! All these pictures are so cool - I had no idea where St. Kilda was! That clown mouth is creepy as hell! I love the Alice in Wonderland windows (and skip the book, it's not that great - fun as a kid, but eh...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St Kilda is in Victoria, Australia. Do you have Luna Parks where you live? The clown's mouth is actually a giant entry into the amusement park. It would probably freak you out! Xxx

      Delete
  2. The dress you're wearing is lovely and definiteoy worth wearing over and over again! Your new skirt looks particularly fab, it's lined as well - always a winner!
    St Kilda looks very pretty, can't beat an old fashioned seaside town.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix! I love a good ol' visit to the beach. Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand