She listens like spring and she talks like June

Hello again! I was meaning to write this post on Monday, but the week's gotten away from me again.


Last weekend was a weekend full of family. On Saturday, we had my mum's family over for lunch and on Sunday we had my dad's family over for Father's Day. My mum made this Strawberry Charlotte. She's rather fancy, isn't she?! Gotta love her, she makes the best food, I'd never complain!



On Sunday, my mum and I went to the market and I found a few cheap thrills:




$5 Johnny Cash record, $5 vintage bag, and a whole heap of bangles for $2.




I also picked up this vintage bangle for a real bargain. I have seen ones like it from time to time, and they always sell for silly money. One of the regular sellers said that a similar one that he was selling came from India 45 years ago! I've read similar things online and some were apparently even made in Afghanistan. I'd love to know more about these types of bangles. I'm a vintage nerd, can you tell?



I was hoping one of these bangles was going to be bakelite, but I don't think they are. Nevermind, I love coloured plastic jewellery, I'm running out of space for them on my bangle stacks (I've got another stack on the other side of the mirror). How do you store bangles?

From my instagram


It's officially Spring here in Australia! I can put away my turtlenecks and pull out some flowy dresses.


Everything I'm wearing is second-hand.
Vintage belt and unworn boots: market finds
Turkish made dress: Savers op shop. 

See you on Monday (I'm hoping to have a new post up then)!


(Thanks sis for this title lyric!)


Comments

  1. That dress looks lovely especially teamed with the purple scarf!
    Your mum's one talented cook.
    Loving your haul of plastic bangles. I have a very similar Indian bangle to yours (I'm wearing it on my main blog photo!) I'd be very sceptical about it being old - a lot of the Indian sellers call them antique but what they actually mean is that they're antique style - they're still produced today. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I didn't know you had one too. Even if the bangle's modern, I still really like it. It has metal screws/nails which made me think it's old because I don't really see things made like that nowadays. Have you seen one with screws that hold them together on your travels tp India? Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds