Always in a hurry, never stop to worry

The weekend has escaped me again! After last weekend's Mexican themed party and day trip to St Kilda Beach, I spent Saturday finishing off my students' reports and getting stuck into a book called Exile on Main St by Robert Greenfield. It's about the making of the Rolling Stones' album of the same name. I'm a big Rolling Stones fan and have read many of their books. It contains some interesting anecdotes and is written in a narrative style, so I take some parts with a grain of salt. The author does make an effort to mention other people's version of events and sometimes discredits them.


This morning, my mum and I headed off to the market.
My finds:
A navy velvet skirt,
Almost Famous DVD (I love this movie!)
Snakeskin boots (to add to the collection)
Linda McCartney vegetarian cookbook (I've got 4 of her books now)

And all for $16!

Later in the afternoon, I helped out with a big school fair that raised money for the school I work at. I was assigned to selling ride tickets. It was boiling hot, but I still had a great day seeing the local community and chatting to some parents and teachers. I found some things at the secondhand stall including some vintage plates for my mum and I, and an Aloe Vera plant for my sister. 


I forgot to take outfit photos when I got home, so here are some photos from a little while ago, back when there were still oranges on the tree.


I love this Afghan coat. I found it in an opshop on a drive to New South Wales years ago, and it only cost me $4! It's my absolute favourite coat, I've worn it countless times. Last year, I found this vintage woolen skirt in New South Wales. Even the red turtleneck is second hand and I made the necklace myself.


 Before we know it, another week will fly by and I'll be seeing you in a new blog post next Monday. Have a great week!



Comments

  1. What great finds, Jess! Those snakeskin boots are amazing, and I could totally see them with this fabulous outfit! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to wear the boots! You too, have a fab week! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I remember you commenting that you loved Almost Famous. Now you can watch it to your hear's content! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those snakeskin boots were a great find and I love your jacket.
    We eat the Linda McCartney veggie sausages, they’re very tasty.
    Thanks for popping by my little blog and for mum’s birthday wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn!
      I'll have to try the vegie sausages one day. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds