Out on the road today I saw a deadhead sticker on a Cadillac



On Sunday, my mum and I were invited to go to a high tea, so off we went! I'd never been to one before but when my uncle's girlfriend organised it, we agreed to go. My mum liked the idea of a high tea so much that she decided to make her very own at home on Saturday. She made these crepes which she called crepe suzette and even made the sauce using oranges from our fruit tree.




We were so busy chatting away and having a nice time, I forgot to take a single photo - of us or the food! These outfit pictures were taken when we got home.





 Here are the treasures I found at the morning market: 

Coin necklace, tooled bag, Elvis record, snakeskin boots (!!!), floral vintage dress, orange vintage skirt. All these goodies for less than $35!

I really like the coin necklace, it's nice and big with lots of dangling coins. I'm adding the tan 1970s tooled bag to my collection, now I've got three. Although I am running out of space on my bag shelf, so I think I might have to sell one soon.  The orange zig-zagged stripped skirt is vintage and was made in Italy. You might recall how I wrote about my love of Italian-made things here.




Can you believe I've finally found a pair of snakeskin boots?! I've written about my love of snakeskin or snakeprint boots here and here. The lady and man who were selling these said that their dad bought them in the seventies. They were made by a brand called James West, which I've never heard of (have you?), and the lady thought they were made in Italy. The man and lady went on to tell my mum and I about their dad and all the other fab shoes he used to wear. I love hearing stories behind vintage items. Later, when we were walking back to the car, my mum and I got talking about the boots and imagining what the previous owner would have worn with them. We laughed as I pictured him wearing them with bootleg jeans and a western jacket, something fringed, brown or leather! What do you reckon?


Outfit details:
Velvet dress, 1970s boots and bracelets: Market finds
Vintage snake necklace: eBay




Comments

  1. Some great finds there, loving the look of the skirt and the boots! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, me too, can't wait to wear them! Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds