Buona sera signorina, buona sera

 A little while ago, my family and I attended a multicultural event that my sister and her work colleagues organised for the council. I got to taste First Nations food, Turkish Lebanese cakes, bubble tea and get my hand decorated in henna. There was a singing workshop, dumplings cooking class and Bollywood dancing lesson too. I can't believe my sister helped organise all that!



 
My mum and I also recently attended a bridal shower for my family friend Sharna. I wore my maroon velvet dress and snakeprint boots for the occasion.
 
 
 
Flowers for Sharna.   
 
 
It was nice chatting to her and her family and the Italian food was delicious too.
 
We took a polaroid photo as we entered and wrote Sharna a message in a guest book.   

 
I've known Sharna since we were children, with our mums being friends since their 20s, and I'm so happy to be celebrating a special time in her life. I can't wait to celebrate at her wedding soon. Love you Sharna.

 
Let me finish with this photo of the aperol spritz and limoncello - yum!
 
Hope you're living La Dolce Vita - just like the theme of this party!
X   
 
Title: Buona Sera by Dean Martin.

Comments

  1. How gorgeous are those henna decorations, and I'm loving your maroon velvet dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mehndi looked lovely! I used to get it done in India many years ago. It takes hours, doesn't it?
    Sharna is beautiful and so are you in your velvet dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vix, the lady who did the mehndi took about 2 minutes. She was so quick and amazing. X

      Delete
  3. I love mehndi decorations - I'm amazed it took 2 minutes (reading your comment above). I hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely in maroon velvet Jess. The henna is gorgeous. My kids are obsessed with bubble tea at the moment :0 x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds