There'll always be a rainbow hanging over your head



I love being on work holidays, and being able to sleep in if I wish, have a leisurely breakfast without rushing to work and sipping on a hot drink. I like collecting cute mugs and recently added this bunny one to my collection. I'm assuming someone bought it around Easter time this year as I'd seen it new in the shops and they've already gotten rid of it a few months later, as I found it last month in an op-shop for $1. Or maybe it was an unwanted Easter gift. Whatever the case, I love it.

 

On Monday, mum and I went to our favourite country town, Daylesford. We admired a rainbow as we drove over the hills. We spotted it when it was beginning to form and watched it until it finally become a big, full rainbow.

It soon became rainy so my mum and I sat in the car by a lake for an hour, chit chatting. A bit like a therapy session, we talked about everything.

 

Finally we ventured out when the rain stopped for a moment and took some photos by Lake Jubilee.



Outfit details:
Afhgan coat: Borrowed from my mum's wardrobe.
Everything else: Market finds
 
 
We popped into one of our favourite restaurants in Daylesford, The Convent. We've eaten the spaghetti with seafood there many times before, but this time it tasted especially amazing to both of us. We enjoyed it so much, we very happily could've eaten another plate each. Worth smudging our lipstick for, my mum remarked. The oil-based sauce ruined our lipstick, but we didn't mind at all! 
 

 
The lovely waitress working there was kindly having a chat with people at every table and when she got to ours, she remarked that the mulled wine we'd ordered was practically considered medicine by the nuns who used to be at the convent-turned-restaurant. With lots of vitamin C, oranges slices, honey and spices, the nuns had some mulled wine each day, the lady recalled. I don't really like wine that much, but this one was nice, I especially liked the aroma.

 
Stomach's full, we walked outside again, dodging the rain and popped into some op-shops. Returning home with a DVD (me) and a shirt (mum), we spotted another rainbow on the drive home.
X
 
Title: Rainbow by Kasey Musgraves.

Comments

  1. I'm swooning over your Afghan coat - which is well worth having Winter for - and your Mum's dress is yet again a stunner. Loving the bunny mug, why would anyone get rid of it, I wonder. And your seafood spaghetti is looking absolutely delicious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still dream about that spaghetti, Ann! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds